Resp & Qualifications
We’re looking for a Multi-Talented Manager, Data Warehouse Engineering
Join the revolution in health care IT
We are working on “the big picture” of the future of health care information technology, and what we do touches the lives of millions of people. Today, we are looking for a top Data Warehouse Manager who wants to be change-maker, while working together to build a leaner approach to business-driven, enterprise IT solutions and really make an impact in our Data Services Engineering team and our success.
At CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield, you will have the opportunity to influence the direction of health care. Working here means collaborating across teams, influencing change, and providing clear communication as you lead support all types of data solutions consistent with established specifications and business requirements to deliver business value.
Some of the other tasks you will be responsible for include...
- Responsibility for the planning and implementation of all activities related to crafting a reliable, responsive, high quality Data Warehouse environment. These activities include but are not limited to the development and deployment of reliable, accessible, centralized data sources (data warehouse/data depots/data marts) supported by end-user reporting tools; the synchronization of common operational data utilized by multiple core business applications; and the active involvement in corporate initiatives to ensure quality, comprehensive data collection by operational systems.
- The position will take a leadership role in implementing architecturally coherent solutions to address the information needs of BCBSM.
- Provides leadership and planning to ensure resources are utilized appropriately to meet the company's strategic objectives.
- Provides project management to the Data Warehouse department to provide technical support in the areas of planning, design, programming and implementation of a centralized corporate data warehouse and ancillary data marts/data depots, in conjunction with providing end-user access tools to allow ease of access to the information in support of company reporting initiatives.
- Monitors progress relative to plan and ensures completion of projects within required timeframe to achieve corporate goals while coordinating information sharing and data synchronization activities associated with applications development to ensure the integrity of corporate information assets.
- Facilitates business stakeholder involvement into Data Warehouse/Information Management activities, design, and prioritization processes to ensure the technical activities of the department support the business priorities of the company.
- Maintains a high level of knowledge in data warehouse practices, warehouse technical architectures, and industry-leader reporting/decision support tools to provide corporate vision and oversight of the current environment and to offer recommendations which enable BCBSM to maintain a competitive edge in the managed care marketplace.
- Provides knowledge and support in conjunction with the IT staff to assist the Director, Information Management in strategic planning.
- The successful incumbent will possess a bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or equivalent and 7 years management experience (advanced degree preferred).
- The incumbent must have a minimum of two years’ experience with medical and financial data access, JAD Facilitation, and building a data warehouse with associated data depots.
- The incumbent must have strong customer service orientation, excellent oral and written communication skills, and the ability to motivate and persuade others.
- This individual must possess excellent planning skills and the ability to develop and implement departmental plans.
- The incumbent must have the ability to identify priorities and achieve results with a sense of urgency and give honest straight forward opinions on related issues. Incumbent must have strong project management skills.
- Incumbent must emphasize formal testing and QA in all areas of responsibility.
- The incumbent must also have a technical knowledge of the following: DB2; Oracle; SQL; a PC “Point and Click” end user reporting tool (such as Cognos or Business Objects); data analysis and reporting; health care packages (such as MEDSTAT, HBOC/GPG, or VIPS); client/server architecture; information engineering methodology; data modeling tools; case tools (IEF or ADW); data synchronization tools; and Web-based warehouse information retrieval, display, and analysis tools.
- Healthcare/Payer, CMS – Medicaid/Medicare Solutions experience
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 1/10/2021
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship