Equal Employment Opportunity
The Senior Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for the management, availability, performance, and security of the CareFirst Virtual Desktop infrastructure which includes Windows servers, Virtual Desktops (VDI), and Windows RDSH Hosts. Candidate must have strong knowledge in managing and troubleshooting server hardware. Candidate must have strong knowledge and experience with VMware virtualization software and supporting components as well as the VMWare Horizon platform. The position is also responsible desktop image management and application packaging in Microsoft Intune, SCCM and VMWare App Volumes.
The position requires strong troubleshooting, project management, and effective communication skills to extend beyond the EUC Engineering team to collaborate with other technical teams on complex infrastructure designs or difficult troubleshooting.
- Provide Virtual Desktop Infrastructure to support 7000 internal business clients across eighteen CareFirst locations.
- Responsible for support of server infrastructure used for business mission critical applications including Claims Processing, Enrollment, Financial and Portal websites and 250+ other applications. Engineer is accountable for departmental results and ensuring 99.98%
- Accountability for Carefirst server infrastructure,
- 290 VMware ESXi Hosts
- 5500 Windows virtual machines(VMs) Windows 10 and Server 2016 RDSH
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure connects to NetApp and Pure storage
- Responsible for desktop application packaging in SCCM, Intune and VMware App Volumes.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure support requires 24x7x365 on-call availability to provide emergency support of critical business applications.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: Under the direction of the Manager, Cloud Infrastructure and EUC Engineering the incumbent’s accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Virtualization Desktop Infrastructure Management
This position's primary responsibility is to provide manage, support, maintain availability, performance and security of the Virtual Desktop infrastructure, tasks including:
- Implement and support systems that meet or exceed SLA for server availability.
- Implement proactive monitoring of the physical and virtual infrastructure and implement automated resolution tasks.
- Install, configure, patch firmware, and perform troubleshooting of HP, Cisco and VxRail hardware.
- Maintain and administer virtualization software: VMware vSphere and VMware Horizon
- Maintain and administer virtualization management software VMware vSphere, vRealize, and vCOPs, Control UP
- Provide management and troubleshooting of operating systems including Windows 10 and Server 2016
- Maintain and administer VMware App Volumes
- Maintain and administer Microsoft SCCM and Azure Intune
- Maintain tight security controls for only authorized access to systems
- Monitor for current security deficits and implement automated patch management using SCCM
- Virus Protection, firewall support and network segmentation expertise
- Ensure hardware and software configurations are performance tuned to provide maximum performance to applications.
- Work with developers to tune their application code
- Review automated capacity reports and take appropriate action if necessary
- Use available resources to research, resolve and/or recommend solutions for the most complex and critical systems.
- Implement Disaster Recovery Strategy between primary Data Center and Disaster Recovery Site.
- Provide tier 3 desktop support for escalations
- Provide 24x7 on call support for Virtual Desktop infrastructure.
- Adhere to standard Service Level Agreements (SLA) for day-to-day support. Ensure that change management process is properly followed for environment changes
- Provide excellent customer service to all customers, both internal and external. Exhibit poise and confidence when working with and communicating to our customers and vendors.
Process and Technical Improvements and Automation
- Implement process and procedures as well as Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) documentation enhancing and standardizing the support of the x86/VMware infrastructure.
- Ensure that servers comply with established policies, standards, licensing agreements and configuration guidelines.
- Use VMware vRealize, Control UP to automate repetitive administrative tasks.
Project Management & Presentation skills
Provide project management over the technical aspects of implementing infrastructure projects and major release upgrades for CareFirst’s largest, most complex and critical systems.
- Properly follow a project life cycle
- Develop project plans
- Complete all appropriate documentation and notifications to obtain resolution within the established timeframes
- Provide input to the development of corporate IT standards and policies to ensure compatibility and integration throughout the company
- Complete project work within budget constraints, if they exist
- Review or manage subcontractor and vendor evaluation studies pertaining to the IT organization, IT Infrastructure and Architectures.
- Stay current in new IT technologies to maintain high level subject matter expertise.
- Bachelor’s Degree Information Technology (or equivalent educational focus 4 to 6 years) is required.
- Strong knowledge and experience managing x86 hardware.
- Strong knowledge in VMware virtualization technology and supporting software products. Software includes VMware vSphere, View, vRealize, vCOPs.
- Experience implementing and administrating an enterprise class virtualization infrastructure.
- VMware certifications VCP- DTM (Desktop and Mobility) is a plus
- Strong knowledge administering Windows desktops and servers, 4+ years of progressive experience.
- Experience and strong working knowledge with various Microsoft applications such as SCOM and SQL with the ability to effectively troubleshoot and analyze problems.
- Microsoft certifications include but are not limited to: MCSE or MCSA is a plus.
- Supporting and administering VMware App Volumes.
- Strong knowledge in application packaging and distribution with SCCM, Intune and App Volumes.
- Must be a highly motivated individual with strong analytical, problem solving and multi-tasking skills complimenting a passion for learning/sharing information from and with peers.
- Must be able to work 24x7 an on-call shift and have the ability to travel.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 1/15/21
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship