Resp & Qualifications
This position is responsible for performing complex analyses and problem resolution for the cost allocations, analysis, and reporting functions. Runs the cost allocation process through the cost allocation system and reviews cost results with management. Performs analysis on actual and statistical variances month over month.
1. Performs set-up procedures to prepare for the monthly cost runs. Runs the monthly cost allocation process to allocate costs across the various entities, market segments, and lines of business based off the cost allocation profiles set up for each cost center.
2. Investigates and researches problems encountered during the cost runs, as well as during the cost results review meetings to ensure the accuracy of our cost allocations. Works with our vendor and IT department to implement system enhancements.
3. Analyzes variances in the monthly cost allocation results for both current month actual results and current month statistical variances when comparing to prior month.
4. Responding to internal and external auditors, management, and finance department inquiries.
5. Develop, implement, and maintain financial procedures. Provide financial systems support to various areas of the department.
Required: Position requires a BS in Accounting or Finance or equivalent technical training, and a minimum of 1-3 years of Accounting/Finance experience. Additionally, this position requires thorough PC and mainframe skills and excellent analytical skills. The ability to work both independently and as a member of a team, and the ability to practically apply technical accounting practices and concepts to moderately complex transactions beyond basic detailed rules and instructions. Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) is also desired.
Abilities/Skills: This position requires strong analytical skills, excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), strong PC and financial systems, strong problem-solving skills, ability to work independently and as a team member, and ability to train team members.
Must be able to effectively work in a fast paced environment with frequently changing priorities, deadlines, and workloads that can be variable for long periods of time. Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple requests from internal and external customers. Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 1/21/21
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship