Resp & Qualifications
PURPOSE: The Broker Data Analyst works as part of the Broker Administration and Compliance team to analyze broker data such as persistency rate, products sold, agency relationships, profitability, and compensation. The Broker Data Analyst will be an expert user of the Broker Data Mart, the central source of reference for broker information. The analyses created by the Broker Data Analyst will be used to evaluate the current book of business with Elite and Premier Agencies/Brokers, and to assist in the development of strategic plans for retaining and increasing business with these entities. The Broker Data Analyst will work collaboratively with SBU personnel including Sales, the Client Advisory Services team, and the Strategic Accounts Solutions team to gather, provide and analyze information from multiple sources which will enable SBU personnel to execute on broker strategies to retain and grow CareFirst business. The Broker Data Analyst will also work collaboratively with Marketing personnel, providing broker data for Marketing strategies, and with Broker Accounting personnel on persistency and other bonus programs. The Broker Data Analyst will be responsible for the development and maintenance of presentation and data templates, and the running and distribution of standard reports from the Broker Data Mart. The incumbent will also be responsible for running ad hoc reports from the Broker Data Mart and other systems.
Under the direction of the Manager, Broker Data and Projects, the Broker Data Analyst’s accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Standard and Ad Hoc Agency/Broker/Distribution Channel Reporting: Develop and execute standard and ad hoc broker, agency and distribution channel reports from the Broker Data Mart and other systems, as scheduled or needed, to meet the needs of Broker Administration, Marketing and SBU leadership. Develop reports utilizing the retrieved data; assist in the development of presentations of the data for management and other audiences.
Subject Matter Expert: Serve as the functional subject matter expert and expert user of the Broker Data Mart. Educate internal customers on capabilities of Broker Data Mart. Be a valued resource to SBU leadership, Marketing and Sales
• Conduct education sessions to present the availability of standard and ad hoc reports from the Broker Data Mart
• Create, develop and conduct periodic education sessions to present broker data and analysis to SBU leadership, Marketing and Sales Management
• Assess and evaluate topics of value; work with stakeholders to understand reporting requirements.
• Provide data support to corporate projects and initiatives
• Provide data support to SBU leadership, Marketing and Sales
Agency/Broker Analysis: Provide analysis of agency/broker sales and compensation trends based on Broker Data Mart data to Sales, SBU leadership, Marketing, and other management. Educate and advise stakeholders on the Broker Data Mart reporting capabilities and value. Provide interpretation and analysis of data. This accountability requires, but is not limited to the following:
• Monitoring agency/broker data and assist in the development of strategies to retain and grow their business with CareFirst
• Regularly meeting face to face with internal data recipients
• Work with Client Advisory Services team, and the Strategic Accounts Solutions team to ensure that useful and accurate information and analysis is provided to our internal customers
• Assist in providing data and analysis from systems other than the Broker Data Mart, e.g. SalesForce and the broker portal
Distribution Channel Analysis: Provide analysis of FSP/GP/Direct Plus distribution channels based on Broker Data Mart data to determine trends, unique characteristics, etc.; share with Sales, SBU leadership, Marketing, and other management.to improve the value of CareFirst to our trading partners and to track the success of CareFirst’s distribution channel initiatives.
Broker/Agency Meeting Support: Provide analysis based on Broker Data Mart data to support strategic account meetings with agencies/consultants and distribution partners. Work collaboratively with the Market Consultants, Account Managers, and other leadership to determine the required data. Use the Broker Data Mart to run standard and/or ad hoc reports for this purpose. This accountability requires, but is not limited to the following:
• Work with requestor to identify and understand the information needs including the need for any benchmarking data
• Assist requestor in understanding and analysis of the data
• Assists requestor in the development of the presentation of the data incorporating benchmark data into presentation materials.
The ideal candidate will:
• Bachelor’s degree in health-care related field, statistics, mathematics, or information technology, or applicable business experience
• 2+ years of experience in healthcare analysis
• Excellent problem solving and analytic abilities.
• Strong knowledge of healthcare terminology
• Ability to fulfill responsibilities across multiple clients and internal departments
• Strong organizational skills
• Demonstrated ability to convey complex ideas in an easily understood manner to guide audience through written or verbal communication
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• High attention to detail
• Self-starter with good ability to work in a team environment
• Strong PC skills with experience using Microsoft Office applications
• Willingness to travel (mostly local travel required, occasion travel outside Balt/Wash area)
• Must be able to effectively work in a fast paced environment with frequently changing priorities, deadlines, and workloads that can be variable for long periods of time. Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence. Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 02/04/2021
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship