This job posting is no longer active
Resp & Qualifications
The purpose of this position is to support the Vice President of the department with daily office management operations and interactions with all other units of the company as well as external parties. The Executive Assistant provides high-level, high-quality administrative and organizational support to the Vice President performing a wide variety of administrative functions. The Executive Assistant develops relationships with key stakeholders within the division and throughout the company, using excellent interpersonal skills to solve problems and manage multiple priorities in support of their executive and the success of their division.
Under the direct supervision of the Vice President, the Executive Assistant is responsible to:
• Maintain the Vice President’s appointment schedule by planning and scheduling internal and external meetings, conferences calls, conferences and travel. Assist the Vice President prepare for meetings by putting together agendas; executive level presentations and reports; gathering, copying and tabulating all necessary data and/or presentations.
• Coordinate executive communications, including taking calls, responding to incoming emails or other forms of electronic communications, and interfacing with internal and external visitors and business partners. Analyze and prioritize all correspondence and communication, directing inquiries to appropriate areas in an effective and efficient manner.
• Conserve executive’s time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; collecting and analyzing information; drafting and/or preparing reports, memos, letters and other documents. May involve producing information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying and transmitting text, data and graphics using various Microsoft Office tools.
• Provide historical reference by developing and maintaining an organized filing and retrieval system for paper and electronic documents; recording meeting discussions and distributing minutes to key stakeholders.
• Arrange corporate events that take place within or outside of the workplace such as divisional meetings or staff appreciation events.
• Maintain a strict level of confidentiality and protect operations by handing sensitive information appropriately. Develop and maintain a level of professionalism as a representative of the Vice President.
• Complete special projects in a timely and efficient manner.
• Perform other general administrative duties including but not limited to ordering supplies and assisting the Vice President with expenses and business related financial record keeping.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: None
• A minimum of five or more years of experience supporting executive level management.
In addition, must have:
• Ability to effectively organize and prioritize assignments to meet established time frames and deadlines. The includes the ability to handle and work through frequent interruptions including telephone calls, instant messages and visitors.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to relay and communicate efficiently and effectively to all levels of management and associates. The includes effective writing and editing skills.
• Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite including the ability to create and utilize simple and complex Excel spreadsheets; Word documents; Power Point presentations; database management; and graphics programs. Must have extensive experience using Microsoft Outlook and calendar functions.
• Strong project management and problem-solving skills with impeccable multi-taking abilities.
• Ability to act independently, exercising good judgement and applying critical thinking.
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
• Ability to travel to multiple business locations in support of Vice President. Must have own transportation.
• Must be able to effectively work in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities, deadlines, and workloads that can be variable for long periods of time. Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence. Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging
Degree or some college level courses; or administrative certifications.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The employee is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The employee must frequently talk and hear. Weights of up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship