Resp & Qualifications
The role provides support in areas of Executive and Board Support, organizational, Annual Plan (Plan) and Budget Management, Culture and Communications, and Project and Program Coordination. The position operates as a direct extension of the divisional Executive Vice President and is responsible for managing the day to day operations, strategy and planning of the department including maintaining division priorities, internal and external communication, reporting and analysis relating to the division, budget management, cross-company collaborations as well as special projects at the request of the EVP.
Under the general direction of the EVP within the department the duties of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Serve as a resource to divisional management for strategic initiatives, special assignments and projects, and preparing related documentation and status updates as required for various levels of management.
Research and conduct necessary analysis in response to requests of the leadership team, and present results as required. Engage in proactive problem solving including: problem identification, definition, analysis and recommendation as an individual producer and as a catalyst in small group settings. Deliverables include verbal reports and detailed reports designed to monitor and encourage delivery against milestones contained in the division’s operational and strategic plan, including monitoring and analysis of key performance indicators.
2. Conduct process analysis within division, document, make recommendations and implement improvements. Coordinate with key internal partners to ensure solid communication and workload preparation.
3. Create department communications, policies and procedures for both internal and external usage, coordinate internal reporting requirements for the division, including division dashboards, create presentations for upper management, and educate teams and management on issues, policies and procedures where appropriate. Prepare for executive and Board meetings that draw together key documents and oral history; synthesize and compress key issues and recommendations; suggest prior communications as necessary to clarify views or obtain required additional information and provide short verbal brief to the EVP.
4. Monitor budget - Coordinate the development and analytical review of the administrative expense budget, monthly expense analysis and expense forecasting as well as acquisition (the purchasing and oversight of outside and intra-company services and/or products), personnel and other operating performance data to track performance against plan. Includes working with Senior Leadership, cost center managers, Finance management, as well as various other areas and levels of the company.
5. Builds and maintains a solid professional relationship with members of the division and is proficient and knowledgeable about the division’s strategy and goals that support the strategic direction of the company.
Serve as point of contact and coordinator for corporate and divisional consulting engagements. Intake requests and needs from other Divisions and serve as a liaison to other Divisions for their needs.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in business, healthcare environment, health insurance payor environment, or related field.
Required Skills and Abilities:
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated ability to understand business drivers and implement supporting strategies
• Demonstrated ability to effectively analyze and present data
• Excellent presentation skills
• Ability to independently manage complex projects
• Must be able to work independently with minimum oversight and demonstrate attention to detail, accuracy and quality awareness
• Proven problem-solving skills
• Exhibits sound and comprehensive written and oral communication and diplomacy skills and respects confidential nature of work performed
• Well organized with ability to multi-task
• Ability to effectively promote flexibility and teamwork
• Strong PC skills, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, Excel, database applications, and project management related software
• Strong knowledge of operational metrics
Must be able to effectively work in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities, deadlines, and workloads that can be variable for long periods of time. Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence. Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging.
• Master’s degree in business administration, information management, public health or related field.
• Consulting experience
• Experience monitoring and managing a multi-million-dollar budget.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 1/29/2021
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The employee is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The employee must frequently talk and hear. Weights of up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship