Resp & Qualifications
The Portfolio Management Office (PMO) Portfolio Analyst position performs a series of activities in direct support of the Project Portfolio Management function. Primary activities include: process management, portfolio management, data analysis and reporting.
Under the direction of the Manager, Portfolio Management Office, the principle duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Duties and Responsibilities
Data Analysis, Reporting, and Presentation
- BS Degree in Business, Finance, Computer Science, Project Management, or Management Information Systems or directly related equivalent experience
- 0 to 2+ years relevant experience in roles requiring project/portfolio management, resource & risk analysis, financial project management and metrics reporting.
- Familiarity with Project Portfolio Management tools (e.g. CA Clarity PPM, HP PPM, Planview PPM, etc.)
- Familiarity with Enterprise Reporting tools (e.g. Cognos, Business Objects, etc.)
- Beginner or higher proficiency with MS Project, PowerPoint, SharePoint, InfoPath
- Intermediate or higher proficiency with MS Excel
- Strong sense of accountability
- Takes initiative
- Requires supervision
- Strong analytical skills; passion for understanding data; curiosity, thirst for knowledge; desire to investigate root causes of data patterns and trends.
- Able to identify relevant data points to analyze
- Quick learner; can easily learn new business and technical tools and processes.
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively; must be able to clearly articulate complex data.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – able to communicate very detailed information at a summary level.
- Excellent oral and written communications; an ability to present and discuss technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding.
- Effective in a highly dynamic environment; able to handle changing priorities.
- Ability to build collaborative and trusting relationships with peers and all levels of management
- Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate and persuade customers, employees, and management at all levels and thrive in a cross-functional environment.
- Solid organizational skills; ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to learn, execute, maintain, and identify inefficiencies in a process
- Process discipline tempered with flexibility based on business acumen
- Strong technical skills, with ability to build and maintain tools for process automation, data integrity/validation, reporting and executive presentations as well as ability to leverage tools for hands-on data analysis.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 2.5.21
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship