Resp & Qualifications
PURPOSE: This position provides Facility Operations leadership and strategic and tactical direction for all of CareFirst Community Health Plan Wellness Center Facilities. Plans and directs all components of wellness center facility management, building operations and contingency planning activities related to planned and unplanned activities, building outages and emergencies.
Under the direction of the COO Carefirst Community Health Plan DC the incumbent's accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
Duties and Responsibilities
Wellness Center Transactions & Administration
• Supervises the development and implementation of the Wellness Center
• Develops and implements strategies to track and optimize building and space utilization at wellness centers.
• Develops an operating strategy that is aligned with the property/brands business strategy.
• Oversees catering of wellness centers during events and other special occasions.
• Ensures integration of departmental and organizational goals.
• Communicates a clear and consistent message regarding departmental goals to produce desired results.
• Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to the organizations Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
• Planning by forecasting the Wellness Centers upcoming needs and requirements.
• Oversight of directing the analysis and assessment of various outreach opportunities and spearheading the strategic planning
• Establishing and managing collaborative wellness center utilization initiative with all internal stake holders.
• Takes charge of long-range facility plans based on company growth and future needs.
• Direct strategic and operational level oversight of wellness centers:
• Responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the wellness centers / resource center
• Act as the Facility liaison to Corporate CareFirst Facilities Operations
• Build coalitions around our areas of focus and strategic interest to increase the impact of the company investments
• Develop and maintain relationships with operational community partners.
• Ensures security and emergency preparedness procedures are implemented properly for all Wellness Centers.
• Manages and reports center utilization trends in accordance with set timelines to the COO
• Manages day to day oversite of Wellness Centers operations including front desk, security, and facilities issues identification, reporting, and resolution.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
10% Financial Planning and Reporting
• Develops and manages departmental budget.
• Oversees the development and monitoring of capital and expense budgets for building operating budgets, construction / renovation projects, new furniture acquisitions, and upgraded IT requirements associated with new build-outs.
• Review and approve invoices and ensure department budget is maintained.
• Advising the organization on measures to improve the efficiency and cost-effectiveness of the Wellness Centers.
• Provides financial information related to the wellness centers
• Serves as central point of contact for reporting and budgeting matters.
Certified Business Enterprise (CBE)
• Create CBE Plan in accordance with contract requirements
• Work with CareFirst and DC Medicaid department managers to understand vendor needs as well as how CBE vendors can fit with each department’s vendor needs
- Purpose is to develop a CBE plan with each department manager with spend targets he/she can agree to meet over the year
- Ability to meet with each manager periodically to understand progress toward their yearly CBE plan
• Present plan and plan progress to senior management at CareFirst and DC Medicaid
• Attend DHCF meeting with CEO and other management to discuss CBE plan and our performance periodically
• Work with CF corporate and IT to develop a systemic way of getting vendors into the system, automated tracking of vendor spend and provide automated reports with results
Required Education & Experience:
1. Bachelors Degree or advanced degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, or related area.
2. Minimum 6+ years experience in program management and facilities planning
3. Minimum of 3+ years of leadership management experience.
1. Strong analytical skills with an emphasis on financial analysis.
2. Ability to manage complex negotiations in politically sensitive environments.
3. Excellent presentation and organizational skills
4. The ability to effectively provide leadership and the promotion of teamwork is essential.
5. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
6. Ability to interact effectively with all levels of associates and management within the organization is critical.
7. Excellent customer service skills with a desire to satisfy client needs and solve end-user problems.
8. Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
9. Ability to organize large projects and manage multiple priorities. Must be self motivated.
10. Demonstrated ability to be innovative and creative in problem solving.
Must be able to effectively work in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities, deadlines, and workloads that can be variable for long periods of time. Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence. Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging.
1. Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, or related field
2. Knowledge of facility management
3. Understanding of the CareFirst Community Health Plan DC organizational structure and corporate philosophy
4. Knowledge of the District of Columbia Small & Local Business Development structure with emphasis around Certified Business Enterprise development.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 2/10/2021
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship