Resp & Qualifications
Oversees various financial functions such as accounting, budgeting, auditing, forecasting and analysis. Provides financial support to the business, including but not limited to financial accounting, cost accounting, budget and expense management accounting, broker accounting, revenue recognition, subcontractor financial management, At Risk coordination, At Risk management, treasury functions, forecasting and EAC development (not sure what EAC is), variance analysis, invoice preparation/review and cash flow management (to include timely unbilled analysis/reconciliations). Interfaces regularly with project managers, account managers and business area directors. Supports large and/or complex projects and has advanced knowledge of various financial functions.
· Plans and produces various financial reports. Analyzes trends, calculates and verifies data. Interfaces with other areas to develop reporting specifications, methods and procedures, and prioritizes requests.
· Develops, coordinates, analyzes and verifies data and financial reports to produce the financial Plan for all areas of the Company. Creates and manages a database for Plan reporting. Develops specifications needed to generate statistics, develops methods and procedures for calculating data and presenting results. Performs monthly close accounting/analysis functions and prepares/peer reviews reconciliations.
· Responds to manager, director, and executive inquiries, handles special requests, researches complex accounting issues and supports various audits. Communicate with corporate management on accounting/financial processes and regulatory requirements. Prepare financial data for presentation to upper management.
· Coordinates, reviews and analyzes major financial report submissions to ensure corporate compliance with applicable regulations, laws or guidelines. Gathers, compiles and interprets information collected through financial analyses in order to identify trends and provide insight for decision making.
Required: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, related field or technical training and 5 years’ experience in a finance or accounting role. Experience in an analytical role within finance sector or quantitative analysis.
Skills & Abilities:
· Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
· Must be able to effectively work in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities, deadlines, and workloads that can be variable for long periods of time.
· Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· Strong Excel skills.
Preferred: CPA or MBA strongly preferred. Healthcare insurance industry experience strongly preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 2.10.2021
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship