Resp & Qualifications
The Manager, Enrollee Engagement duties consist of day-to-day management of the Member Retention and Engagement Program. The Manager, Enrollee Engagement, will actively engage in the continued development, communications and implementation of community programs and initiatives to promote programmatic and organizational progress within CareFirst Community Health Plan District of Columbia (CHPDC) and partner organizations.
• Responsible for community engagement, deployment, tracking, management, and program development, ultimately leading to continued enrollment with CareFirst CHPDC.
• In coordination with CareFirst CHPDC Executive Team, develop, implement and maintain the member Retention and Engagement Program.
• Coordinates tracking of community engagement activities; develops and maintains associated metrics and standards.
• Assists in tracking metrics and reporting data outcomes of member retention and engagement programs within specified reporting periods.
• Provides onboarding and orientation to new Wellness Navigators.
• Evaluates the results and impact of engagement activities and support provided.
• Maintains a thorough knowledge of upcoming events, services and information regarding the Wellness Centers and CareFirst CHPDC and collaborative Community events/programs.
• Manages the following tasks for the Wellness Navigators team leads and subordinates: Monitor daily activities and create assignments; coach and counsel; address performance issues; and complete annual performance reviews.
• Monitors databases and track productivity of direct reports.
• Creates weekly productivity reports; provide update to Clinical and Quality teams.
• Monitors and reports trends in member utilization in accordance with set timelines; report to Senior Director, Marketing, Outreach and Health Promotion.
• Supports team in obtaining all goals as directed by CareFirst CHPDC operational excellence initiative.
• Minimum of two (2) years managing service, support or community-based Outreach team in Medicaid setting.
• Ability to meet Certified Application Counselor (CAC) requirements.
• Excellent leadership, problem-solving as well as verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced organization.
• Ability to communicate in verbal, written or electronic formats in a concise and professional manner.
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant Social/Behavioral Science field
• Advanced degree and/or certifications
*Note: Requires federal, state and sex offender background check. The incumbent is also required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Analytical | Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
Problem Solving | Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Technical Skills | Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Customer Service | Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Interpersonal Skills | Focuses n solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
Oral Communication | Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
Written Communication | Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Able to read and interpret written information.
Quality Management | Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Diversity | Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promotes a harassment-free environment.
Ethics | Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Organizational Support | Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
Judgment | Displays willingness to make decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
Motivation | Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
Planning/Organizing | Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources.
Professionalism | Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Quality | Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Safety and Security | Observes safety and security procedures, Reports potentially unsafe conditions.
Adaptability | Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Attendance/Punctuality | Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Dependability | Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Initiative | Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 2.10.2021
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship