Resp & Qualifications
We’re looking for leaders in our Enterprise PMO
Join the revolution in health care IT
We’re working on “the big picture” of the future of health care information technology, and what we do touches the lives of millions of people. Today, we're looking for a top Enterprise IT, Senior Program Manager who wants to be a key change-maker, leading large strategic programs, contributing on the ePMO leadership council and directly influencing impactful initiatives resulting in next-generation experiences for our Associates and Members. As a key leader within our newly designed strategic ePMO, you will be “mission control” to plan and execute exciting cross-organization programs ranging from platform modernization to claims re-engineering, technologies including artificial intelligence to mobilization with an internal drive to evolve into a leading-edge Agile enterprise.
At CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield, you’ll have the opportunity to influence the direction of health care. Working here means collaborating across teams, influencing change and providing clear communication as you manage high dollar, highly strategic, multiple workstream programs for your stakeholders and our customers. As a talented Program Manager, we have a place for passionate professionals who want to help others.
HOW DO I KNOW IF I’LL BE SUCCESSFUL?
In the past, have you…
- Led several programs each with at least 3 projects and total cost exceeding $10M
- Directly managed, nurtured & coached project managers within a mentor role
- Contributed significantly to Center of Excellence & Enterprise Change Management
- Built strong, strategic-minded relationships at the VP and executive levels
- Been told you’re a focused communicator, passionate leader and team player
- Guided stakeholders while leading both Waterfall & Agile programs & projects
- Organized, plan and led major initiatives using cloud-based portfolio platforms
- Completed a degree in a CIS/MIS/related program or have significant years of experience in information system implementations
- Obtained your PMP certification
- Prior experience in a highly regulated or health-based industry (nice to have)
WHAT TYPES OF ACTIVITIES WILL I DO FROM DAY TO DAY?
Within a program planning and execution lens, you would…
- Directly oversee strategic, multi-million dollar programs being led by project managers, create program scoped objectives / increments, identify interdependencies, and overall execution using best-in-industry Waterfall / Agile
- Dig into project finances and risk areas to identify, monitor and resolve potential challenges, communicating to executive audiences, while escalating and stepping in to rescue initiatives where appropriate
- As an ePMO leadership team member, proactively and holistically own program accountability and synthesizing project-level statuses into executive-speak
- Guide and transform portfolio projects using crawl-walk-run from Waterfall to Agile, including education and evangelism of stakeholders and executive leaders
Within a staff management lens, you would…
- Directly oversee project management and business analysis staff, ensure strong measured performance and foster positive team morale and cohesion
- Nurture, Guide and Coach staff to achieve skill development goals and alignment to performance objectives
- Document accomplishments and performance progress, performance gaps and development opportunities for people managers
- Collaborate with people managers to provide key input into performance reviews and suggest upcoming goal feedback to line up to CareFirst's strategy expectations
Within a strategic lens, you would…
- Produce program performance analytics related to larger business goals, including cross-program resourcing, what-if business shift modeling and more
- Establish strong cross-program and BIO relationships and collaboration while identifying performance/risk trends to realize new levels of scaled efficiency
- Propose new opportunities for governance excellence improvements
- Prepare key deliverables to establish strong strategic capabilities to secure funding
DO YOU HAVE THESE BASIC QUALIFICATIONS?
In the past, have you…
- Completed a four-year degree in CIS/MIS or in related field or have equivalent experience, plus 8-15+ years of IT program/project management experience in a large scale, cross functional, multi-system environment?
- Have at least 8 years in a combination of Progressive broad-based information systems Program Management experience, which could include consulting and with state-of-the-art hardware and software systems? Knowledge and implementation experience in new computing architectures and networked computing structures and experience in the execution of multiple related development projects simultaneously, particularly as Program and Project Manager on systems development, with working knowledge of Systems development lifecycle and the Project Management Lifecycle?
CareFirst has leading-industry benefits including incentive-based compensation, strong PTO, 401K match, is focused on local communities by supporting numerous activities, groups and has been rated among the ‘World’s Most Ethical Companies’ for a seventh consecutive year.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 2.11.21
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship