Resp & Qualifications
Purpose: This professional analyzes the need for then designs, develops, and evaluates training and other support tools for an external audience including nearly 45,000 institutional and professional providers and their staff for all CareFirst products, programs and platforms including BlueCard, Facets, NASCO, and the Federal Employee Program. This includes the development of material for use in both synchronous and asynchronous distance learning modules. The incumbent will develop training and documentation for an audience ranging from entry-level employees to physicians. The Senior Provider Education Specialist is an expert at the delivery of training and the design of blended learning programs consistent with instructional system design and adult learning theories. They are also experienced with large documentation development projects including training materials, manuals, user guides and job aids.
Principle Accountabilities: Under the general direction of the Manager, the incumbent’s accountabilities include but are not limited to the following:
Duties and Responsibilities
• Applies knowledge of adult learning theory to identify appropriate training media and methodologies based on audience learning styles, course content, audience location, point within the learning process, etc.
• Design is created for traditional classroom, online classroom, self-paced e-Learning modules or a blend of approaches. Training methodologies may include group lecture, role play, simulation exercises, self-study, on-the-job training, computer-based training, etc.
• Conducts needs assessments to determine appropriate training that will impact business results.
• Designs and develops training programs for Providers as well as Provider Relations Associates.
• Researches best practices and recommends learning programs to achieve business goals.
Training Facilitation and Delivery
• Deliver both informal and formal training solutions in a variety of environments (classroom, virtual classroom, etc.) in a manner that is both engaging and effective to include managing the learning environment, preparing for training delivery, effectively conveying objectives, aligning learning solutions with course objectives and learner needs, establishing appropriate credibility as an instructor, creating a positive learning environment, facilitating learning, encouraging participation and building an atmosphere of learner motivated learners and deliver appropriate constructive feedback.
Training Measurement & Evaluation
• Evaluate impact of learning using metrics and analytics to measure the impact of the training, identify customer expectations, communicate evaluation plan, analyze and interpret data to make appropriate recommendations for remedial or alternative training.
Project Management& Administrative
• Provide research, analytic and resolution support for Corporate Initiatives and Special Projects.
• As a subject matter expert, represent the provider community and Provider Relations on CareFirst and BCBSA projects and mandates.
• Evaluate provider impact and communicate impacts to the project team. Influence project team when necessary.
• Communicate provider impact to networks management senior management and associates.
• Collaborate with Strategic Provider Communications to develop communication plans and ensure website is up to date.
• Review and update existing documentation such as job aids, user guides, provider manuals to ensure they are up to date and accurate.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Instructional Design, Education, or related field. In lieu of a degree, equivalent experience. In addition:
• 5 years of professional experience developing and facilitating training in a corporate environment.
• Demonstrated experience designing a variety of types of tools and technology-enabled learning solutions (e.g. e-Learning, interactive multimedia, synchronous and asynchronous online training, simulations, evaluation tools, etc.)
• Fully competent in the adult-learning principles and practices of design and development of instructor led courses as well as e-Learning courses using tools such as Adobe Captivate, StoryLine and Camtasia inclusive of audio-enablement and interactivity.
• Exceptional facilitation skills; consistently demonstrates effective questioning techniques and the ability to engage learners and transfer knowledge.
• Strong classroom/virtual classroom management skills.
• Working knowledge of CareFirst networks, products, operations and computer systems preferred.
• Strong Project Management expertise.
• Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and excellence in writing, editing, proofreading, and formatting of training collateral.
• Superior verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to present professionally to executive and senior level leadership as well as key stakeholders and customers within and outside CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield.
• Ability to manage multiple competing priorities, responsibilities and projects while meeting mandated deadlines.
• Extremely well organized with the ability to achieve results under pressure
• Must be capable of travel outside of the office via own vehicle with a valid driver’s license and be available, on occasion, to attend evening meetings as well as on weekends in support of business needs.
• Must be able to effectively work in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities, deadlines, and workloads that can be variable for long periods of time.
• Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence.
• Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging.
• A Master’s Degree in Instructional Systems Design or similar.
• Experience developing and facilitating training programs for a provider audience in a group health insurance/management care environment.
• Certification in Instructional Design and e-learning platforms and software.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 2.28.21
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US