Resp & Qualifications
As a Marketing Communication Writer, the associate will write strong, clear copy for marketing materials including brochures, sales sheets, fact sheets, presentations, member letters, signage, website content, social media content and advertising as well as internal and external communications related to their market segment and products.
The associate will work with collaborate with internal clients including Marketing, Legal, Contracting and Compliance, Operations and the Strategic Business Units. Associate is also responsible for writing all necessary marketing communications, including brochures, letters, emails, web content, sales flashes, inserts, trade show materials and promotional material.
Associate must work independently and be able to manage multiple projects with time sensitive deadlines, in order to directly impact sales which directly affect the success of CareFirst.
Sales/Marketing Collateral Material Development/Copywriting
• Lead the writing of all marketing materials and necessary follow-up communications for the business segment and products assigned. Must be able to understand the needs of and write for multiple audiences – prospects, members, accounts, brokers and Sales associates.
• Conceptualize, write and edit marketing copy in a highly regulated marketplace and develop content for collateral, emails, websites, social media and advertising while being the guardian of the brand personality.
• Study regulations to ensure all copy is in compliance with the appropriate regulations and all facts are current. Research products and services to ensure copy and concepts are accurate and on-target for all assigned projects.
• Understand the power of copy and design working in tandem by partnering with Graphics on copy/design to execute approved communication plans. Create copy for all prospect/member points of contact (including solicitation, fulfillment, activation, renewal and upsells/cross-sells) while adhering to deadlines and copy requirements in a demanding environment.
• Present copy and concepts to internal clients and subject matter experts in meetings to gain approval. Participate in client meetings using brand knowledge and an understanding of the marketing objectives.
• Work closely with Marketing, Sales and other subject matter experts to capture the information needed to communicate to various audiences. Ensure all communications developed are thorough, accurate and timely.
• Interact with all levels of Marketing Communications, internal and external clients, and CareFirst support services (Legal, Operations, etc.). Respond quickly to accurately incorporate/enhance copy comments and requested changes. Provide updates to Project Managers as required.
• Actively participate in brainstorming sessions to generate ideas, research content and develop clear, concise, compelling copy based on agreed-upon strategy and concept.
• Candidate must have the ability to bring a sales perspective to materials.
• Collaborate with, oversee, implement and keep copy brand mandatories and consistencies in writing style.
• Support Communication Manager in corporate-wide initiatives, including attending project meetings, providing strategic insight, presenting overview of initiatives to other associates and ensuring all commitments are met.
• In conjunction with the Strategic Communication Manager:
o Assist in the creation and execution of integrated, strategic, creative communication plans for company-wide and cross-functional initiatives.
o Think logically and strategically to advance the effectiveness of various communications vehicles in delivering and reinforcing company messages.
o Initiate ideas to enhance marketing any of our products, membership or insurance services.
• Support CareFirst’s e-Commerce initiative by incorporating day-to-day responsibilities into the e-commerce pipeline.
• Serve as a back-up to Sr. Communication Writer/Project Manager when necessary.
• Take the initiative to keep abreast of the healthcare marketing industry, pertinent industry trends and competitive advertising and communication materials.
• Work with contractors and interns to provide feedback on marketing material development (copy and beyond) and review; website review; and other communications-related tasks.
• Work with Project Manager and team to set priorities and ensure proper communication across divisions; troubleshoot problems and resolve issues.
• A college degree in communications, journalism or a related field and a minimum of 5-7 years of professional writing experience with an emphasis in advertising marketing writing that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities of this position
• Demonstrated proficiency in writing compelling marketing content for a wide variety of media and content type (newsletters, brochures, web pages, videos, presentations, emails, proposals, etc)
• A proven track record of superb written and oral communications; excellent proofreading and editing skills, creativity and a passion for creating engaging and relevant web, print and social media content
• A proven ability to write with varying tone and the ability to translate technical and industry jargon into copy that is of interest to the reader
• A keen attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and manage a variety of tasks simultaneously; sometimes under pressure and often with tight deadlines
• Ability to establish strong relationships across departments, and an understanding of client needs, the consumer experience, marketing strategy and operational capabilities
• Must be professional, organized, enthusiastic and a team player who can work independently in a fast-paced environment
Thorough understanding of individual marketing and sales strategies; ability to write for marketing communications, oral and presentation skills; ability to work independently and in collaboration with associates across departmental lines.
In addition to the required qualifications, 1-2 years of sales and/or health insurance experience, a good understanding of health care trends and experience working with sales are preferred. An understanding of government regulations and experience dealing with government regulations is also preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 3.6.21
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship