Resp & Qualifications
The Client Success Director – Group Medicare is a consultative leader within the Commercial Markets New Business and Client Management team who will enhance our growth strategy and drive mutually beneficial relationships with clients and market influencers in the Mid-Atlantic region.
This key advisory position is accountable for developing, implementing and leading a comprehensive Group Medicare growth strategy focused on new enrollment, retention, and overall market perception.
1. CLIENT RETENTION AND GROWTH
• Provide strategic support for the Group Medicare book of business and partner with existing account teams to deepen and expand relationships with these clients; provide additional support, as necessary, to other client relationships on an ad hoc basis (RFPs, renewals, etc.)
• Work with account teams to create long-term strategic plans and corresponding roadmaps and actions, resulting in deeper relationships and account retention; establish client satisfaction assessment cadence, soliciting feedback from the key stakeholders on ongoing basis
• Collaborate with sales leadership and Government Programs team to develop a robust approach to client strategy and execution
• Actively participate in finalist presentations and key external sales meetings.
• Take the initiative to lead the development of consultative sales strategies that include a comprehensive business case and financial value proposition necessary to close business and increase company objectives around profitability, enrollment and market share.
• Educate groups on the value proposition and, with support of Government Programs, the unique differences between Medicare Advantage Group Waiver Plans and other lines of business.
2. MARKET AND RELATIONSHIP DEVELOPMENT:
• Influence CareFirst’s strategy on building and deepening consultant and broker relationships, specific to Group Medicare. Foster collaboration with Broker/Consultant Relations team, New Business Sales Group and Client Management teams.
• Leverage Group Medicare industry and CareFirst knowledge to bring thought leadership to clients.
• Ensure the CareFirst Group Medicare value propositions are clearly articulated with all stakeholders.
• Monitor Group Medicare book of business survey results and conduct active listening/client and consultant/broker review meetings to develop specific strategic roadmaps with detailed action plans aimed at maximizing relationship strength.
3. CLIENT INNOVATION:
o Collaborate with Sales Strategy, Strategic Partnership and Transformation to identify opportunities to deliver additional value to clients and the company by facilitating implementation of new partnerships and piloting solutions specific to Group Medicare.
o Identify, develop and implement customer B2B and B2C initiatives for Group Medicare
4. SALES SUPPORT FUNCTIONS/TEAMS:
• Provide direction to all applicable support staff to successfully manage and position opportunities that drive deeper relationships and enrollment growth for Group Medicare.
• Present recommendations to internal staff and other parties (providers, vendors, and other partners) to garner support and acceptance, leading to the retention, high Star Rating and expansion of our Group Medicare book of business
• Facilitate and orchestrate action plans to ensure a smooth transition for the Group Medicare implementation teams.
• Manage people, skills, and resources necessary to effectively lead high-performing sales and business development to deliver all that is necessary to achieve corporate business objectives.
• Provide ongoing management direction, feedback mentoring and coaching to the team regarding organizational vision, priorities, projects as well as individual performance and development.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
• 15 years of health care or industry related sales and/or customer relationship management experience
• Experience with Group Medicare sales, service and implementation
• Valid Health/Life License in Maryland, Virginia, and/or District of Columbia
• Willingness to travel – locally, regionally, and occasionally outside of the Baltimore/Washington DC Metro area
• Proven effectiveness with advising and mentoring sales support functions/teams
• Ability to assess strategic implications and develop recommendations, handling multiple tasks and projects simultaneously to produce insightful and reliable quantitative and qualitative analyses in a high-pressure deadline-oriented environment
• Highly developed analytical skills, including the ability to synthesize and create a cohesive picture and messages from a variety of information types and sources
Abilities & Skills:
• Deep understanding of health care marketplace dynamics and trends
• Established and advantageous relationships with a wide network of personal and industry contacts, internal & external.
• Demonstrated experience and effective use of Salesforce
• Creation and maintenance of a wide network of personal contacts both within CareFirst and in the external health care community for sources of information
• Effective use of cooperative, productive relationships with internal clients and information sources as well as external vendors, suppliers and consultants
• Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills with the ability to influence
• Advanced facilitation skills, playing a strong leadership role with both peers and senior managers
• Strong presentation skills, with the ability to succinctly and effectively communicate complex issues and findings to executive and peer audiences
• Superb oral and written communication skills
• Well organized with a keen attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task, and work independently
• Promote flexibility and teamwork
• Advanced PC skills, including use of Microsoft Office applications
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 4/28/21
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship