Resp & Qualifications
The Sr. Business Change Manager develops and delivers change management work across lines of business, portfolios, programs and projects within the enterprise. Under the guidance and direction of the BCM Manager, or BCM Consultant, this individual will deliver change work products and deliverables to drive adoption of technical solutions and organizational change. The Sr. BCM collects, analyzes, and presents data to develop and deliver change management work. This change management work includes data collection, change impact analyses, stakeholder management, sponsorship and communications plans, training assessments, change readiness assessments, plus change leadership and cultural alignment activities (e.g., workshops) across all types of BCM projects, including technology adoption, process change, and transformational organizational projects.
The role requires excellent organizational and problem-solving skills, the ability to coordinate, tactically deliver, having an understanding of organizational change management principles, and an ability to work with a wide variety and level of staff proficiency as the change is implemented. Excellent communication and people skills are vital as well as the ability to be guided, directed and part of a larger BCM team.
PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES: The incumbent is responsible for, but is not limited to, the following:
Duties and Responsibilities
Analysis and Delivery Support
• Ability to collect required information, assess, analyze and report on stakeholder impacts and analyze change impacts across projects
• Incorporates information into visualization/ analytics to measure customer satisfaction and change readiness
• Develops business readiness communications, content and deliverables per standards set forth by the BCM manager
• Assesses and documents change impacts of new processes and projects. Develops organization change requirements and analyses, including completion of change management and Plan impact assessments
• Delivers inputs/content for change management deliverables and associated activities (e.g., workshops, meetings). Deliverables include stakeholder management tools (e.g., register, RACI), communications plans, training needs summaries, change impact analyses, change readiness assessments, change leadership tutorials, and change implementation plans
• Ensures that all defined change management deliverables are completed on time and on budget
• Evaluates and analyzes user readiness and manages anticipated resistance
• Ability to create project-level communication content to drive sponsorship, understanding of business intent and change impacts, drive adoption and business readiness, and mitigate resistance
• Performs work according to defined BCM best practices and methodology and within established organizational processes, procedures and guidelines
• Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion and supports risk mitigation efforts
Facilitation and Learning
• Work under direction of the BCM Manager and/or Lead Consultant on complex, highly visible, cross-functional projects, including workshop and workgroup support
• Deliver engaging, informative, well-organized change management reports or presentations of analyses to BCM Manager, Lead Consultant and/or Senior Consultant, program and project teams
• Supports the growth of change management skills, develops knowledge and change management learnings on BCM topics throughout the organization
• Introduces relevant change management best practices to the organization. Shares knowledge and learning around BCM topics of interest and grows capabilities
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Management, Project Management, Organizational Behavior, Organization Development, Consulting, Organization Behavior, Organizational Leadership, Analytics, Communications or equivalent experience
• 3-5 years of professional business/organizational experience in a corporate environment; preferred Consulting, HR, Training, Communications, Marketing or Organizational Management functional areas. One or more years of direct OCM experience.
• Excellent combination of analytical, problem solving, organizational, visual communication and interpersonal skills
Skills and Accountabilities:
• Ability to effective deliver actionable change management plans and deliverables including stakeholder impact assessments, surveys and analyses of change readiness, change readiness communications plans, sponsorship and leadership plans
• Excellent communications and people skills
• Strong team and customer orientation
• Organized, can work independently and a self-starter
• Proven ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
• Can provide excellent support to business and technical stakeholders
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet targeted deadlines
• Proficient use of Microsoft Office products, especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
• Healthcare experience, IT-driven change experience
• Business and project management knowledge
• Survey design
• PROSCI certified
Equal Employment Opportunity
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 3.13.21
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship