Resp & Qualifications
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the general direction of the Vice President, ePMO the Dir, QMO will:
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Methodology development and advocacy. Lead the broader organization in developing the vision and strategic direction and roadmaps for software development and project management integrated processes. This involves ensuring a deep familiarity with, and identifying, researching and selecting standards, methodologies, integrating technologies, and tool sets from a number of industry sources that would ensure meeting customer quality standards for software and services delivery. Maintain a high level of knowledge in advanced and emerging quality management, quality assurance, and quality control methodologies and models.
2. Initiative sponsorship. Identifies and sponsors the development, design, implementation and execution of quality initiatives to verify system and life cycle requirements for new and/or existing applications and programs/modules for all development, program, project, and testing initiatives in order to provide superior quality support across the organization.
3. Monitoring and control. Directs the quality assurance and quality control functions for software development and project management functions which provide independent assessments; ensures the execution of embedded controls; assesses the process risk; and provides expert information system knowledge to clients in order to solve complex business/quality assurance and control issues supporting the team’s and company’s strategic goals. Includes development and implementation of Quality Management and Quality Assurance Plans.
3. Provide leadership and mentorship to the quality assurance team prioritizing projects and ensuring commitments are met providing high quality and cost effective systems, while meeting (internal and external) customer expectations.
5. Oversees area budget of $500K to $2M depending on funded initiatives and staffing, and executes other administrative responsibilities as required.
• Bachelor of Science in a business or technical discipline (e.g., Information Systems, Applied Science, Operations Research)
• In addition to education, 10 - 15 or more years of experience in software development, project management, methodology and standards development and implementation, quality assurance, quality control, quality engineering, and/or process engineering
• Hands-on experience developing and implementing standards for software solution providers.
• Hands-on experience with quality assurance and quality control initiatives and/or auditing.
• Leadership experience in sponsoring and directing large process and cultural change initiatives.
• Experience mentoring and managing senior level staff
• Experience successfully guiding organizations through significant paradigm shifting cultural change.
• Experience managing budgets
• Experience implementing, monitoring and improving on executive level metrics, reporting and analysis
• Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and collaboration/training skills
• Knowledge of/certification in quality methodology (CMMI, IEEE, ITIL, Lean, Six Sigma, and/or other standards) and audit processes
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 3.13.21
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship