Resp & Qualifications
Provides leadership that drives strategic vision of the Company's financial systems, including the ERP and EPM systems and the suite of applications that connect to those. This role will work with the Finance and IT leadership teams and other business partners to develop and continually maintain an innovative future-state roadmap for financial systems and processes taking into account business priorities and strategic objectives. This role will collaborate with the leadership teams across the organization on applications strategy and in building out key capabilities and services to support the organization. It will be critical to drive innovation in a fast-paced rapid growth environment, delivering software solutions that meet or exceed customer and stakeholder expectations in a manner that optimally leverages technology.
Under the general supervision by the Director of Financial Accounting, the incumbent’s accountabilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Development, management, and execution of the ERP and EPM roadmap and continued assessment of financial applications throughout the organization.
- Understand current state Finance system and business processes, identify gaps, propose improvements and evaluate solution alternatives. Research Finance best practices to identify and implement capabilities that drive optimization of processes and automation through financial systems technology including existing and emerging technologies.
- Responsibility for support and maintenance of our Finance systems. Coordinating with functional and technical staff and lead system-related projects and initiatives such as, new system functionality and/or new technologies
- Working closely with leadership to define priorities, direction and timelines
- Providing workforce plans, budget development, tracking and forecasting. Manage the team to achieve target scope, schedule and cost objectives
Initially managing a team of eight - one direct report and seven indirect. Significant matrixed responsibility with all areas in the Controllers and Finance organizations. Close alignment with the IT organization that delivers technical support to all Financial systems providing guidance and mentorship.
- Financial/technology professional with more than 5 years of leadership experience supporting the office of the CFO.
- Broad experience in financial application support, systems integration, project management and general accounting. Extensive application knowledge in organizations with 1,000 + employees.
- Experience planning, designing and implementing efficient business and system solutions for Finance business functions.
- Experience deploying enterprise resource planning (ERP) and enterprise performance management (EPM) level applications in organizations with 1,000 + employees
- Strong leadership and people management skills, with demonstrated ability to lead multi-functional teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to explain the technology strategy to diverse audiences
- Multi-tasking ability essential to handle multiple priorities with minimal direction from management and adjust to changing priorities and requirements in a rapidly evolving organization
- Ability to take ownership of complex, multi-faceted, open-ended problems and drive them to completion
- Ability to build and maintain strong external vendor relationships to help influence product roadmaps and stay informed on the latest technology.
- Must demonstrate resilience and effectively work in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities, deadlines, and workloads that can be variable for long periods of time. Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence. Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Financial Systems
- 10+ years of experience
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 3.17.21
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship