Resp & Qualifications
PURPOSE: Manage new business client-relations through knowledge of the sales and implementation process with key external client audiences. Drive how the company is perceived for optimal success by acting as a strategic client partner in mitigating risk. Provides focused customer service from initial pre-sale consultation through post-sale client administration fostering strong, long-term partnerships with customers and consulting community. Provide effective onboarding of new clients as a single point of contact during the sales process.
Acts as the single point-of-contact for benefit plan implementation, both internally and externally. Mediates and coordinates resolution of all project deliverables and implementation related issues. Work with the Implementation Manager to create and track work plans related to implementation.
Assigned all new business dealing with complex books of business including politically sensitive, jumbo, and operationally challenging groups with multiple integrations or new processes. These accounts primarily reside in the 200+ Strategic Account segment of the Sales team. The expectation of the New Business Onboarding Consultant is to independently manage this book of business with minimal daily direction.
Conducts external and attends internal meetings to provide project status, deliverables, set expectations, and manage account relationships. Stakeholders of these meetings include brokers, consultants, accounts, vendors, SBU representatives and leadership.
Ensures strategy is administered in accordance with all performance guarantee arrangements. Work RFQ and RFP process with the Proposal Team in providing any necessary implementation work plans and timelines. Evaluates impact of customer-requested exceptions and develops reasonable alternatives to satisfy clients’ needs while minimizing impact on systems and operations.
Collaborates on review, analysis and development of recommendations for the design of complex accounts and benefit structures based on customers’ objectives and systems, administration and reporting requirements. Involved in finalist presentation preparation and attends finalist meetings to review implementation.
Strategic Account Management through Strategic Focus and Analysis creates account specific plans that address client needs and provide a short term and long-range plan for CareFirst to grow and retain the account. Strategic Account management includes the use of Data Informatics to analyze client specific information and interpret information and assist in the development of meaningful account strategy to address complex client needs.
Works to identify and understand clients’ healthcare information needs. Assists accounts in helping them understand their healthcare challenges and aids in the development of client specific solutions.
Provides interpretation and guidance in the clinical interpretation of reports and projects for employer groups to understand their healthcare utilization and cost trends and provides programmatic recommendations regarding optimal products that address identified medical needs.
Establishes and maintains relationships at multiple levels with clients, consultants, brokers and other Blue Cross Blue Shield plans using consultative skills and analysis of account needs/service requirements; also manages, develops and cultivates relationships with constituents (producers, plan sponsors, brokers, consultants, and customers) as appropriate.
Identifies, communicates and tracks cost sensitive items not included as part of the standard proposal and highlights them for consideration in the determination of rate adjustments to minimize expense gaps. Confirms final benefits and conducts benefit audits. Completes presale and post-sale benefit documentation. Recommends benefit designs that align with account goals and strategy for new accounts. Develops and executes implementation strategy consistent with customer expectations. Develops presentations and marketing materials to ease the transition of carriers. Engagement in process improvement and leader in change management.
• A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with a minimum of five years sales experience, sales support or implementation with an emphasis on strategic and consultative selling, including client facing experience required.
• Must demonstrate resilience and effectively work in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities, deadlines, and workloads that can be variable for long periods of time.
• Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence.
• Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging.
• The incumbent must have a thorough knowledge of national account health/life insurance requirements, as well as those for local business; the status of the local and national marketplaces; and the competition.
• Must be able to handle large scale projects or be experienced with the skills required to handle projects and manage multiple tasks/priorities at the same time.
• Effective Relationship building skills/customer service skills required. Ability to handle/manage in a fast-paced changing environment required.
• Acts as the subject matter expert, both internally and externally, and as a resource for inquiries related to implementation requirements for Medicare Advantage.
• Manage new and renewal Medicare Advantage implementations, set priorities and exercise sound independent judgement within established Medicare Advantage guidelines.
• Ability to use independent judgement and make discretionary decisions, related to the implementation of Medicare Advantage, with respect to account needs while also adhering to Medicare Advantage requirements.
• Must be able to represent CareFirst persuasively and articulately in meetings with other Company departments
• Must be flexible with strong negotiating skills; must build towards consensus with a broad range of individuals and Company areas
• Must possess superior organizational and follow-up skills
• Experience in industry best practices for project management (including resource estimating, tracking, and metrics), business/systems analysis, and software.
• Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills. Must have the ability to negotiate and manage customer relationships and expectations.
• Must demonstrate resilience and effectively work in a fast paced environment with frequently changing priorities, deadlines, and workloads that can be variable for long periods of time. Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence. Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging.
• Broad knowledge of CareFirst organization and operations.
• Experience with software tools (including Salesforce and SharePoint) used by the department.
• A current health and life license for the appropriate jurisdiction(s) is preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 4.25.21
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship