Resp & Qualifications
Leads other Architects to develop, maintain and govern the enterprise architecture (EA) across the organization. Concurrently responsible for defining the EA process and architecture review process, and for leading the integration of those processes with related business and IT processes. The Principal Architect will design and develop IT architecture (integrated process, applications, data, innovation and technology) solutions to business problems in alignment with the enterprise architecture direction and standards.
• Responsible for the overall direction for the organization's technical infrastructure and is regarded as the expert in their job discipline within CareFirst
• Solves unique problems that have a broad impact on the business or organization function
• Contributes to the development of disciplinary strategy; source of authoritative advice on best courses of action in area of expertise
Collaborates with Business and IT stakeholders to develop a detailed understanding of business community needs and to assist in identifying technology roadmaps and targeted solutions consistent with architectural standards and best practices. Understands, advocates and supports the enterprise strategies and operating goals.
Leads the identification and analysis of enterprise business drivers to derive useful business context; compares this information to IT capabilities in order to identify critical gaps/deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement.
The Principal Enterprise Architect may conduct research of various case studies to ascertain trends, needed technologies and resources. Leads the analysis of technology industry and market trends to determine their potential impact on the enterprise architecture.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: Under the general direction of the VP and/or Sr. Director of IT, the incumbent's accountabilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Lead, define, establish, and develop high level frameworks that align an organization's IT infrastructure with business processes.
• Understands and advocates architecture principles and articulates value proposition of architecture to business and technology partners
• Ensures that Architects follow all aspects of the Enterprise Architecture process from initiation to closure
• Provides guidance to the Senior Architects in the early planning stage around the different solution patterns that may be appropriate for this specific solution
• Represents the firm’s architecture and strategy at internal and external forums
• Identifies non-obvious relationships and anomalies often overlooked by others
• Recognizes key interactions/dependencies and several potential solutions to a problem by identifying and evaluating the various options.
Research and present industry best practices to all levels of management and technical staff.
• Stays abreast of industry trends, is active in staying knowledgeable to help the firm take advantage of new technologies
• Able to produce results through individuals and teams where there is no direct management oversight of resources
Create, maintain, and communicate shared enterprise models in support of enterprise needs.
Provide detailed architectural support to Business Information Officer (BIO’s) and Solution Architects in support of CareFirst business strategy.
• Able to overcome differences of opinion and drive team alignment around a specific goal or solution
Rationalization/Perform Gap Analysis. Analyze performance measurement feedback on deployed solutions and architectures and define standard metrics for feedback.
Support vendor relations, negotiations and contracting with technical expertise to improve and support enterprise negotiation performance.
Continue improvement of job-related knowledge/skills.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent work experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 4.1.21
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship