Resp & Qualifications
Healthworx operates at the intersection of healthcare and innovation by creating, co-creating and investing in companies that are improving healthcare quality, accessibility and affordability. As the innovation and investment arm of CareFirst, Healthworx engages the startup and business ecosystem across the country, targeting and executing strategic opportunities that address the needs of CareFirst, its members and the national healthcare landscape.
Healthworx is seeking a Communications Consultant to support internal and external communication efforts.
The Communications Consultant must be proficient in:
- Project management, including the ability to delivery under tight timelines
- Developing and executing communication plans in support of business needs and initiatives
- Understanding and leveraging the right mix of communications channels to engage target audiences
- Content development for multiple channels, including web, video, internal communications, social media, etc.
Ideal candidates will:
- Thrive in a cross-functional, matrixed organization
- Possess a desire for continuous learning and taking on new challenges
- Have experience using CRMs and marketing automation, preferably Hubspot
- Love being able to measure the success of communications based on pre-established goals and key performance indicators (KPIs)
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Consults with business partners to craft marketing and communications plans based on opportunities and priorities which may be anticipated or unplanned.
- Prepares communications including emails, web content, newsletters etc. to support strategy.
- Advises leaders and cross-functional team members on the best forms of communication to reinforce the project’s goals.
- Coordinates the development of communications with cross functional teams to ensure strong, consistent messaging throughout the organization and across audiences.
- Proactively identifies opportunities for storytelling and communications that strengthen the organization’s brand and presence in the market.
- Contributes to content development, including conducting interviews, drafting articles, talking points, etc.
- Independently manages project timelines, dependencies and communication with team members to ensure messaging and materials are aligned with business goals and desired outcomes.
- Demonstrates the ability to manage expectations and advocate for best practices in marketing and communications.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work independently with limited direction
- Uses good judgement to problem solve and determine best action when challenges arise
- Knows how to build and maintain positive relationships with internal and external partners
- Possesses the skills to measure effectiveness of communications and make changes based on results
- Demonstrated ability to use excellent creative judgement and provide cross-functional teams with creative direction
- Ability to write, edit and review content for brand voice, tone, AP style and other style requirements established by the organization
- Ability to coach cross-functional team members on best practices in marketing and communications
- Demonstrated ability to flex between strategic and tactical work
Education, Training and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism or public relations
- 5+ years working in a professional communications role
- 1+ years working in digital marketing
- 1+ years developing communications for internal audiences
- Healthcare experience a plus, but not required
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship