Resp & Qualifications
The Vertical Market Manager will lead critical projects such as: driving pressing adoption across existing channels and market verticals, identifying new business opportunities, leading segment-based initiatives, market research, and supporting new product development activities.
- Identify growth opportunities within the specific vertical segments, leading innovation efforts and project planning with cross functional organizations/partners ensuring the delivery of products that offer unique benefits and superior value to our customers
- Serve as company-wide subject matter expert for the market segment verticals within the key, strategic consumer and/or commercial markets. Develop and maintain a strong understanding of the given market segments covering customers, deep insights, competition, and industry trends
- Owns product line management of unique, segment-specific products, driving new and existing products through the Product Lifecycle
- Identify and understand relevant market trends, drivers, challenges, and needs to help influence activities across the organization to drive revenue growth within the given vertical market segment
- Own the definition of operational and strategic goals for the given vertical segments by analyzing market and consumer data, providing segment insights, ensuring cross-functional alignment, gaining executive visibility and buy-in, and driving results
- Consult with, educate, and assist sales teams to help close business opportunities within given vertical segments. Curate complete, cross-category product portfolio for given vertical segment(s), including partnership products as necessary, to position to customers/sales teams and drive revenue growth
- Works closely with internal teams to successfully influence the product(s) roadmap(s) by defining optimal strategies with right pricing, timing, brand and features, tied to organization strategies, through analysis of sales trends, competitors, buying habits and planograms of products
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
Education Details: in marketing, business or related field
Experience: 8 years consulting, product management and/or segment marketing experience including conceiving, developing and driving innovative products and portfolios
In lieu of a Bachelor's degree, an additional 4 years of relevant work experience is required in addition to the required work experience.
Masters Degree in Health or Business Administration
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
Excellent organizational skills are required
Superior communication and interpersonal skills are necessary to build rapport and strong working relationships with both internal and external
Strong consultative and problem-solving skills
Data driven decision making
Additional Skills and Abilities
The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs. Must be able to effectively work in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities, deadlines, and workloads that can be variable for long periods of time. Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence. Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 4.8.21
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship