Resp & Qualifications
The purpose of this role is to facilitate resources for programs and projects with the right skillsets at the time they are needed. This role will manage a resource planning governance in such a way as to be able to provide resource management information to the PMO leadership to enable leaders to make effective and appropriate decisions. This will include:
- Developing and managing a capacity planning and resource allocation function; capturing the resource requirements of projects and programs and balancing this against business as usual activities
- Working closely with Project Managers to understand their resource requirements
- Working closely with IT Resource Managers to understand the specific challenges in their areas and support resource planning that minimises impact on business as usual
- Forecasting future resource needs based on programme and project plans / resource profiles and the demand pipeline
- Providing views of resource capacity and commitments to be able to demonstrate existing allocations, demand pipeline, future forecasts and where the delivery of programmes, projects or business as usual activity is likely to be impacted
- Developing processes to maintain a clear and accurate view of resource demand from both pipeline and inflight projects
- Highlighting any resource conflicts, pinch points, skillset gaps and key person dependencies
- Identifying associated risks, dependencies and issues in an informed and considered manner to support planning for their mitigation
- This is an opportunity to develop a new capability within the PMO
- Travel may be required on occasion but will not be frequent.
- Generate accurate and timely reports and forecasts to support project delivery
- Assist the project team to establish project plans outlining timelines, dependencies and critical paths
- Provide guidance to Project and Program Managers in the application of the Arqiva project management methodology and systems
- Contribute to reviews with workgroup teams, contractors and suppliers in order to obtain status updates and identify risks and issues
- Contribute to the identification, development and implementation of improvements in project management delivery, processes and administration
- Document project requirements and technical and functional specifications required to meet business and customer needs
- Map and document workflows and business processes
- Collect, monitor and report on project management Key Performance Indicators, including costs and budget.
- Engage with all necessary stakeholders to deliver project management processes, to meet customer requirements and business objectives
It is essential that applicants have previous PMO Resource Planning experience across multiple teams. Excellent communications skills and the ability to work under pressure are also essential. Candidate should have experience planning resources within a 1000+ person company.
Department:PMO Program Management - MD
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 4/14/21
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship