Resp & Qualifications
Provides project management leadership and support of construction, furniture reconfiguration and relocation projects across the entire organization. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals. Independently manages a team of internal and external real estate project delivery partners. Ensures the success of the project team through performance and relationship management, facilitation of team communication, participation in the contract renewal and renegotiation process, and team leadership in the context of the overall real estate strategy. Is a subject matter expert in Commercial Real Estate Project Management and a resource for the project delivery team. The Senior Project Manager is responsible for the tracking schedule, and controlling project financials which can aggregate to several million dollars annually, depending on work volume.
Under the direction of Manager, Corporate Real Estate & Facilities the principle duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Independently direct and manage the design and construction project team from project inception through close out.
• Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business area goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders, often at the VP level.
• Develop project specific and customer driven charters, milestones, schedules, budgets and detailed assumptions to achieve project goals.
• Ensure each individual project’s objectives are aligned with the broader CareFirst Real Estate Strategy.
• Manage to schedule, holding individual members of the project team accountable for predetermined due dates for deliverables, material orders and installation activities. Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path activities
• Identify resources needed, assign individual responsibilities by delegating tasks to individuals and teams, and ensure assignments are completed
• Evaluate space and develop plans for reconfigurations which could include systems furniture, office furniture, construction, and IT network cabling infrastructure. Coordinate Associate, Contractor and equipment relocations as required
• Ensure the efficient use of furniture product and monitor product inventory
• Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders
• Ensure areas of work are isolated, clean and safe as a vast majority of projects will be in occupied space
• Develop and maintain project tracking, financial and status reports and any other required project documentation
• Proactively manage changes in project scope, perform risk analyses, identify potential crises, and develop contingency plans
• Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle
• Ensure project documentation (project file, floor plans, etc.) is complete, accurate, and stored appropriately
• Conduct project review and make recommendations in order to identify successful and unsuccessful elements and lessons learned
• Conduct post construction inspections
• Develop and maintain best practices and tools for project execution and management
• Ensure all project designs are compliant with all local codes.
• Ensure all project designs are compliant under the CareFirst Real Estate standards.
• Directly responsible for project spend management.
• Develop project budgets and assumptions and utilize an Anticipated Cost Reporting tool to track all committed costs, change orders, and invoices with the goal of delivering the project under budget
• Complete and submit required documentation for purchase orders
• Evaluate vendor proposals for accuracy and compliance with any base contracts and recommend subsequent budget adjustments or transfers where necessary
• Develop and review documentation with Contract Administrators
• Review vendor invoices for accuracy and ensure they are processed for timely payment
• Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely manner. Stakeholders may be Contractor to Senior Executive level depending on project
• Consistently communicate with project stakeholders and any party affected by the work
• Conduct regular status meetings with project team
• Keep project team well-informed of any changes
• Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team
• Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion
• Understand how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully
• Communicate regularly with the CAFM Analyst to keep facility management software information current.
Subject Matter Expert and Resource
• Leverage specific accumulated technical knowledge of Commercial Real Estate Project Management to identify and implement creative solutions for complex problems.
• Provide guidance and perspective to the project delivery team.
• Provide input and suggestions for overcoming complex project obstacles as issues arise.
• Operates independently and is seen as a subject matter expert and a resource for project delivery team
• Ability to handle large, complex, high dollar value, mission critical project assignments independently.
This position has no direct reports; however, the incumbent must manage and coordinate a large team of CareFirst management, vendors, contractors, architects, specialty consultants, property management companies, landlords and internal customers.
• Associate’s degree in Interior Design, Space Planning, Engineering or a related field and 5-7+ years of experience as a Project Manager or the equivalent combination of education and work experience
• 3+ years of experience in project management in the field of Commercial Real Estate
• Knowledge of building codes, architectural drawings, building operations/infrastructure, commercial construction means/methods/materials, systems furniture, space planning and interior design principals as applied to the modern office
• Experience managing and tracking large and complex project budgets
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite – emphasis on Outlook, Word, Excel and Project
• Proficiency in CAD and CAFM
• Superior communication skills (verbal, written, listening)
• Ability to interact with internal clients in a polished, customer service oriented manner.
• regulations/concepts are requirements for this position.
• Demonstrated superior judgment and decision making skills while working independently.
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple, concurrent high dollar value projects and assignments, ability to prioritize, coordinate resources and meet deadlines
• Skilled at conducting project management meetings
• Highly organized with strong analytical skills
• Maintain and exhibit a positive, willing attitude
• Work independently while continually reporting status back to the CSRE Management Team.
• Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design, Space Planning, Engineering or a related field, and 7-+ years of experience as a space planner or the equivalent combination of education and work experience is preferred
• 5+ years of experience in project management in the field of Commercial Real Estate
• Previous experience effectively supervising and training project management teams
• Experience in construction management or corporate facility management
• Experience with facility management software
Department: Real Estate Project Management)
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 4/14/21
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship