Resp & Qualifications
Responsible for the availability and usability of all cloud platforms, application performance monitoring, core infrastructure, client computing, telecommunications, Help Desk, Disaster Recovery and Operational Change Management to include the Information Technology Information Library (ITIL) and IT Service Management (ITSM).
- Deliver IAAS (Infrastructure as a Service) and PAAS (platform as a service) cloud hosting environments as well as connectivity to broader cloud vendors (AWS, Azure, Salesforce, etc.).
- Financial stewardship in current cloud environment, including cost optimization, vendor management and broad fiscal discipline.
- Development and maturity of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) processes to accelerate automation.
- Build out of IT Ops Command Center, including catch and dispatch, dedicated support teams, and further interoperability into development teams.
- Drive a focus on Level One Operations across all of Information Technology – Infrastructure and Applications. Drive operational capabilities around running, monitoring, and supporting CareFirst platforms 24x365.
- Deliver architectural design and planning, installation and maintenance of all desktop, server, network, and storage infrastructure for a mix of production, test, and development environments.
- lead strategy around maintenance and development of systems while managing all aspects of CareFirst technology infrastructure and applications
- Manage and lead strategy for all aspects of technology infrastructure including cloud hosting, Windows/Unix Servers, storage technologies, virtualization technologies, backup systems, patch management, ITIL process, collaboration systems and desktop/laptop infrastructure.
- Research, introduce, and recommend new technology to keep pace with new products and industry directions.
- Establish and run IT Service Management function. Improve and manage ServiceNow investment to support Service Management (including self-service), Configuration Management, Incident Management, Problem Management and Release and Change Management.
- Lead new technology implementations and manage the enhancement of existing infrastructure projects.
- Develop strategic plans and identify key success factors; set priorities and allocate necessary resources to achieve corporate, business and function goals.
- Builds relationships and partners with BIO and shared services leadership to execute on divisional goals and build out shared architectural roadmaps.
- Create and maintain SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) for Infrastructure Operations and maintain technology operations and build documentation. Identify operational bottlenecks in the systems and provides solutions to address them.
- Implement capacity planning and forecasts the future growth based on the past trends of usage/growth.
- Develop, implement, and maintains IT policies and procedures as it relates to the organization.
- Oversees the strategic and the day-to-day activities of the Department, including directing, coaching, and guiding associates to implement departmental, divisional, and organizational mission/goals. Recruits, retains, and develops a high performing team. Evaluates performance of each team member, generates development plans and sets goals within the context of the corporate policies and procedures. Develops annual goals, and prepares, monitors, and analyzes variances of departmental budgets to control and appropriately allocate resources.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science. 15 years of IT experience with 5 to 10 year of increasing management responsibility.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Department: VP IT Operations Direct Report
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 4/16/21
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship