Resp & Qualifications
PURPOSE: Independently installs and maintains Big Data (Cloudera, Horton Works, etc.) clusters in high available, load balanced configuration across multiple (Production, User Acceptance, Development) environments.
Under general supervision, manage Big Data Administration activities, technical documentation, system performance support, and internal customer support. May provide input into the development of Systems Architecture for mission critical corporate development projects. The incumbent will work with Solutions Architects, Infrastructure Architects, Lead Big Data Administrator, Big Data Supplier and Developers to setup environments and support the development teams.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: The incumbent’s accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
System Maintenance: Independently installs and maintains Big Data (Cloudera, Horton Works, etc.) clusters in high available, load balanced configuration across multiple (Production, User Acceptance, Development) environments.
Systems Implementation: Independently implement complex technical system design changes for Big Data environments.
Procedural: Updates and maintains operations manuals, inventories, and written procedures relative to installing, maintaining, and using the Big Data environments. Works closely with Change management, Configuration Management and Security Management in developing and maintaining said procedures.
Technology Consulting: Leads problem resolution and coordination with Level 2 support. Performs integration of component level systems into solutions as documented/directed by Lead Big Data Administrator. Liaison with Infrastructure, Security and application development.
Research and Development: Researches new technologies to benefit the business. Works with Lead/Expert Big Data Administrator to develop recommendations and provide implementation support.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: This position has no direct reports, but may provide some technical guidance to less experienced staff.
Required: This position requires a BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology or related field with 3-5 years of prior experience in software development, Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence OR equivalent experience.
• Administrator experience working with batch processing and tools in the Hadoop technical stack (e.g. MapReduce, Yarn, Pig, Hive, HDFS, Oozie)
• Administrator experience working with tools in the stream processing technical stack (e.g. Spark, Storm, Sama, Kafka, Avro)
• Administrator experience with NoSQL stores (e.g. ElasticSearch, Hbase, Cassandra, MongoDB, CouchDB)
• Expert knowledge on AD/LDAP security integration with Big Data
• Hands-on experience with at least one major Hadoop Distribution such as Cloudera, Horton Works, MapR or IBM Big Insights
• Advanced experience with SQL and at least two major RDBMS’s
• Advanced experience as a systems integrator with Linux systems and shell scripting
• Advanced experience doing data related benchmarking, performance analysis and tuning, troubleshooting
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• System usage and optimization tools such as Splunk
• Healthcare experience
• ETL solution experience, preferably on Hadoop
• Experience with industry leading Business Intelligence tools
• Big Data – Administrator (certification)
• Experience with Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
Department: Informatics Database Administration
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 4/17/21
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship