Resp & Qualifications
Responsible for the detail technical design, development and implementation of FEPOC systems cross the multiple platforms. This includes the development of Java/J2EE, COBOL, and other integration applications by leveraging the state-of-art technology, as well as reengineering the existing systems within FEPOC to meet the new business needs. .
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: Under the general direction of the FEP System Manager the incumbent's accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Performs technical detail design, coding and testing on complicated revisions to FEPOC applications, and creates efficient and maintainable new applications.
2. Confers with clients to identify requirements (e.g., data, information needs, processing, specific output, functional and development of test data), and determines their desired outcomes in order to formulate the design of the system and/or offer alternative solutions in a timely manner. Provides the technical input to functional design and translates the functional design to detail technical design.
3. Provides technical guidance to less experienced staff during implementation. Mentors new or junior staff members on business knowledge, system peculiarities, and complex technical issues. Analyzes, designs, and documents information to create the applicable statement of work and the associated deliverables.
4. Proactively analyzes and reviews emerging technologies, changes in the Insurance/Healthcare industry and the business functions of various clients, in order to determine if the advanced applications fit the needs of changing strategies, goals and objectives. Participates in the development of test strategies, devices and systems.
5. Develops and maintains technical knowledge through training, classes, research and industry practices.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: This position provides technical guidance to less experienced staff for any and all modifications to any current sites and recommends initiatives for new development. Acts as a mentor for the development of less experienced staff.
Required: This position requires a BA/BS in computer science or directly related field with 3-5 years of experience with professional software development in object-oriented language OR equivalent total experience. Candidates should have experience working with relational databases such as Microsoft Access, Oracle, DB2, or Microsoft SQL Server. Candidates will be required to have a good understanding of industry standard full lifecycle software development process with proven hands on experience on detail technical design, coding, unit testing, code review and implementation. Candidates must be able to demonstrate an understanding of object-oriented programming.
Abilities/Skills: Candidates should have experience working with teams and show a propensity in dealing with the user community. Flexibility is essential to this position (candidates should be willing to learn new technologies, to implement new processes, and to take instruction). This position will require strong application development and analytical (i.e. requirements gathering, …) skills, as well as the ability to learn new technologies quickly based on prior experiences with similar tools and an understanding of infrastructure. Good organizational and documentation skills will be essential in ensuring developed source code can be interpreted by other members of the development team. Superior written and verbal communication skills and the ability to present technical terminology to internal clients of all levels and some external vendors will be extremely helpful in moving any and all projects forward.
Hands on experience with object oriented analysis and design patterns/techniques with emphasis on Java/J2EE technology
2+ years of proven strong hands on experience with Java, J2EE, EJB, JSP, JDBC, Hibernate, JMX, JMS, Log4J, AJAX, JSF.
Wide breadth of knowledge across many Java Open-Source technologies including Ant, Struts, Spring, XML parser technology, SOA based infrastructure, JUnit and HTTPUnit
Wide breath knowledge of J2EE applications servers (WebSphere, WebLogic, JBoss,…)
Knowledge of application performance tuning and trouble shooting skills
Hands on experience with RDBMS (DB2, Oracle or MS SQL)
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 4/17/21
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship