Resp & Qualifications
PURPOSE: Under the direction of the Manager, Procurement Operations, this position will be responsible for:
Enhance, maintain and operate the source to pay system:
• Develops and maintains the Ariba source to pay system activity reporting; providing accurate and timely data as needed.
• Develops and maintains the invoice payment component of the system to ensure that invoices are paid accurately and timely.
• Tracks monthly, mid-year and annual metrics of process against key performance indicators that ensure value is delivered to CareFirst.
• Provide Ariba Source to Pay system troubleshooting expertise to answer questions and resolve problems at the individual, departmental and organizational levels
• Pro-actively investigates and determines the integrity of the system/data within source to pay procurement system to ensure proper functioning of the system and the accuracy of reports.
• Monitors and reports on system patches and updates that may impact or benefit the organization.
• Identifies, recommends and implements continuous process improvements of the Ariba source to pay system.
• Provides second level support to resolve more complex issues.
• Submits Ariba Service Requests (SR) to obtain support from Ariba for complex issues and system updates that are required to be performed by Ariba.
Process operations, training and support, and audits:
• Provides guidance to and mentors Procurement Operations Associates on Ariba, Procurement Process, Reporting, invoice reconciliation and the MBE program.
• Serves as the first escalation point for questions related to Ariba, Invoicing, the Procurement Process, and the Diversified Program.
• Monitors adherence to corporate policies for contracting and approval.
• Ensures current templates, process and resource documentation is in place for all SS&P associates to use.
• Develops and updates the process manual and guides to keep the process current.
• Develops of training materials and delivery of training to SS&P team, business owner, and other internal and external stakeholders during individual, small group and large group sessions.
• Creates and delivers presentations related to Procurement activities.
• Reviews requests from audit to identify information needed to respond.
• Performs first quality review of responses to audit request after the requested information is gathered by the Procurement Associates.
• Serves as a back-up for Procurement Associates as needed.
Procurement Project Planning and Tracking, and Resource Scheduling:
• Helps maintain the master schedule of Department reports, including current, potential and completed procurement projects, including corporate initiatives, contract renewal projects and project initiatives generated from procurement analysis of business needs and structure when needed
• Helps maintain accurate and timely status information for all procurement projects for regular and ad hoc activity reporting when needed
• Helps update the master contract schedule with contract renewals well in advance of the expiration date when needed
• Leads and attends meetings with process stakeholders to support planning and tracking procurement projects.
Required Knowledge/Experience: This position requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 3-5 years’ experience in procurement operations and/or Print, Professional Services, Facilities or other industry area along with Ariba system administration or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Knowledge of standard procurement procedures and business practices is essential.
• Knowledge of audit controls and practices.
• Knowledge of reporting and report creation is required.
• Knowledge of the SAP Ariba system administration role.
• Knowledge of the development of training materials.
• Excellent project & time management skills including but not limited to risk assessment, workplan development and management.
• Developed analytical, organizational and coordination skills.
• Effective presentation skills to interface with various levels of management and suppliers.
• Able to apply complex problem-solving abilities to achieve problem ad process solutions.
• Ability to spot, communicate and mitigate issues.
• Flexibility and the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Must be able to effectively work in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities, deadlines, and workloads that can be variable for long periods of time. Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence.
• Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 4.24.21
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship