Resp & Qualifications
SUMMARY: This position reports to the Sr. Director, Strategic Marketing and Digital Communications and is responsible for building CareFirst’s competitive advantage through: development of the Annual Marketing Plan; tracking the company’s performance vs. plan throughout the year; developing methods for and tracking marketing analytics (i.e. market share analysis, direct response advertising reporting); as well as developing segmentation strategies across multiple marketing segments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following:
Define Target Markets and Analyze Success Metrics
• Lead the development and implementation of segmentation strategies in order to grow and retain enrollment in key segments
• Identify and develop strategies for cross-selling or up-selling (i.e. pairing medical with specialty products) to further increase penetration and “stickiness” among customers.
• Lead data analysis to increase engagement in programs.
• Produce in-depth reports to be distributed to key stakeholders that outline market place demographics, segmentation developments and gaps/opportunities.
• Effectively communicate with the CEO, Executive Staff, Strategic Planning, Marketing, and other stakeholders on all major segmentation findings ensuring a consistent understanding of segmentation throughout the company.
Digital Performance Monitoring and Reporting
• Identify and implement various analyses measuring the success of segmentation efforts.
• Ensure methods being used to evaluate digital campaign performance align with Division goals. Adjust methods as needed.
• Manage vendor and partner relationships, projects, and activities across channels to attain overarching strategic goals and milestones.
• Act as subject matter expert in the implementation of new approaches (i.e. segmentation data), identifying the optimal blend of measurement and analytic techniques.
• Implement social media tracking to enable campaign attribution tracking through to enrollment.
• Work with internal and external teams to ensure all online marketing efforts are effectively tracked and reported.
• Evaluates performance of online banners and social media posts by analyzing data and reports in order to implement changes allowing for most successful execution of future programs.
• Oversee continuous collection of data related to online advertising campaigns.
• Ensure the correct data is being captured in order to measure success of campaigns and make recommendations.
• Provide insights and analysis on all KPIs and performance metrics
• Provide strategic POVs on how digital can bring the most value to an integrated campaign
• Develop actionable insights from a wide variety of data sources
• Develop and provide regular and consistent reporting and performance indicators for key online campaigns (banner ads, social media), communicating with all stakeholders as appropriate (staff meetings, month-end reporting for management team, etc.).
• Understand business objectives and select the optimal analytical metrics to measure project outcomes.
• Measure, analyze and optimize marketing campaign data and prepare recommendations for improvement.
• Develop meaningful, detailed presentation of social media metrics and present to various audiences throughout CareFirst to understand how CareFirst social creative is performing as well as what specific audiences are interacting with our social channels.
• Generate Insights through Market Place Information and Analytics
Enrollment Forecast Modeling
• Leads the coordination, collection and development of corporate-wide quarterly enrollment forecasts which is part of corporate-wide strategic plan.
• Using critical thinking to draw upon professional experiences, market and industry knowledge, data, intuition, and apply information to data to make recommendations that inform the enrollment goals for the company and each Strategic Business Unit.
• Analyze and interpret data variances/trends over time and versus goals.
• Communicating data and reasons for changes to information to senior levels in each Strategic Business Unit.
• Create yearly market share estimates for CareFirst and all segments to understand marketplace dynamics and shifts.
• Synthesize market share estimates with other data sources including primary market research findings to increase accuracy of results.
• Identify, track, and analyze changing marketplace dynamics in the healthcare industry and the risks and opportunities they represent for our existing and potential business.
• Communicate yearly market share estimates to key stakeholders throughout the organization to better understand CareFirst’s position and changing dynamics in the marketplace.
• Gather competitor information to determine CareFirst’s stance in the market in multiple areas including Products, Programs, Operations, Pricing, etc..
• Support the needs of the CEO, Executive Staff, Strategic Planning, Marketing, Sales, and other CareFirst departments regarding competitor and other marketplace information analysis.
• Represent CareFirst regarding competitive intelligence among other Blues Plans by participating in CI related functions and activities.
Ad Hoc Analysis
• In working with various areas throughout CareFirst, develops and implements the process for the collection, analysis, reporting and dissemination of monthly enrollment by segment.
• Provides ongoing and ad-hoc marketing metric updates and analyses to Strategic Planning to use in strategic decision-making.
• Develop ad hoc enrollment forecast models that provide strategic direction and can be used in decision-making regarding staffing, budgeting, etc.
• Coordinates monthly strategy meetings with the entire Strategic Marketing Staff to increase awareness of projects and ensure that the entire department is aware of the status of initiatives within our department.
Strategic Communication and Recommendations
• A demonstrated ability to effectively communicate strategic recommendations to superiors and peers.
• Demonstrated leadership skills including strategic planning, managing staff, budgeting, and effective problem-solving in a large organization.
• Build credibility, establish rapport, and maintain communication with stakeholders at multiple levels both internally and externally.
• Ability to effectively communicate strategies and analysis to CEO and other Executives.
• Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments
• Clearly conveys information and ideas to Executive management through a variety of communication modes to help drive business decisions.
• Ability to transform information and data and clearly articulate a strategic recommendation/direction to Executive management.
• Provides coaching, feedback and mentoring to staff to maximize associate contribution to the department.
• Serves to direct, coordinate, and oversee staff activities, and provides ongoing guidance to ensure Strategic Marketing Divisional objectives are met.
• Manages department budget, and provides subject matter related expertise in guiding department to maximize contribution to the organization.
Strategic Marketing Plan Development/Reporting
• Takes lead role in the framing, prioritizing, and advancing strategic marketing initiatives.
• Works closely with Marketing Directors and SVP of Strategic Marketing to ensure alignment of the annual Marketing plan to the various Divisions within CareFirst, particularly the Strategic Business Units.
• Works with senior executives in the development, analysis, and dissemination of the Annual Strategic Marketing Plan.
• Presents Strategic Marketing Plan to departments throughout the company to ensure awareness of the impact to their resources and to the customers they are accountable for.
• Conducts the analysis and develops the presentation showing variance to Plan on key metrics and major projects which is used to determine the annual associate incentive for Strategic Marketing.
• Prepares the Marketing Plan presentations for the CEO and Board of Directors which provide a status update on key metrics versus Plan and variance to Plan on all major projects.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
• Undergrad Degree in Business, Marketing, Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, or another quantitative and analytical discipline.
• Ten or more years of progressively responsible work experience.
• Three or more years of management experience.
• Highly developed analytical skills, including the ability to synthesize and create a cohesive picture from a wide variety information types and sources as well as assess strategic implications and develop recommendations in a fast-paced high-pressure environment.
• Extremely strong facilitation skills and the ability to take a strong leadership role with both peers and senior managers.
• Ability to use deep subject matter/functional expertise and influence to help internal stakeholders identify and meet their needs while considering implications of decisions.
• Strong understanding of health care marketplace dynamics.
• Demonstrates advanced knowledge of strategic thinking.
• Excellent strategic thinking and planning skills; at least five years experience in strategic or business planning and the proven ability to develop organization-wide business plans.
• Creation and maintenance of a wide network of personal contacts both within CareFirst and in the external health care community for sources of information.
• Strong presentation skills, with the ability to effectively communicate complex issues and findings in writing and orally to both executive and peer audiences.
• Ability to build cooperative, productive relationships with internal clients and information sources as well as external vendors and suppliers.
• Proven ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and to produce insightful and reliable quantitative and qualitative analyses in a high-pressure deadline oriented environment.
• Excellent data analysis and PC skills, including MS Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
• Proficiency using on-line databases and internet.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 4.30.21
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship