Resp & Qualifications
PURPOSE: The Business Analyst Technician is responsible for supporting the Business Analysts in ensuring the operational effectiveness and excellence of the Business Area(s). The Business Analyst Technician will assist Business Analysts in gathering, organizing and analyzing documents and data
ensuring that the business’s need for changes to processes, policies and/or information systems are identified, understood, defined, documented and acted upon.
Under the general supervision, the incumbent’s accountabilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Assists in the management of projects by developing, maintaining and/or supporting projects. Responsibilities include monitoring progress, reporting and preparing documentation and serving as resource to Business Analysts and stakeholders regarding the project. Assisting in the management of the project work (task, sequencing, milestones, risk, and contingencies) to ensure that the project is launched on time.
2. Coordinate, assist and participate in user acceptance testing, including results verification and release. Implements practices and procedures for end user test plans. Ensures all user acceptance tests are conducted and documented according to standards. Identifies and documents system deficiencies. Coordinates and participates in with? groups of end users who test, evaluate and validate new functions and applications and identify issues in software or services. Ensures continuing operational quality by documenting fixes and enhancements. Providing guidance and training to application end users. Provides ongoing assistance to software developers and testers to resolve defects during the testing process.\
3. Assist Business Analysts in assessing business needs and issues by gathering, analyzing, documenting and validating user and technical (functional/non-functional) requirements. Participates in the creation of PRD (Project Requirements Document) including defining Business, User and functional and non-functional requirements. Participates in the creation of the Requirements Management Plan to define, organize and schedule requirements management and development activities. Participates in the tracking and management of open issues and assists in planning for resolution.
4. Troubleshoot systems problems and identify cause of problems, work with the appropriate group to correct problem. Track and resolve systems issues. Prioritize and manage new work requests. Develop and maintain functional systems add-ons.
5. Review and analyze detailed documentation of business systems and user needs. Assist in writing all documentation in clear and consise well organized manner. Track key project deliverables including requirements specifications, user cases, system test cases, training and documentation and user manuals.
Required: This position requires a bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Business or equivalent relevant work experience in an analytical position and/or testing or project coordination role and 1 year of related work experience.
• Exposure to business process analysis, work flow, task analysis, user acceptance testing and requirements analysis.
• Demonstrated experience gathering and analyzing information.
• Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with using office tools to create and edit reports, graphs, and presentations, convert information from one format to another, use advanced functions, and generate non-standard reports from business applications/databases.
• Demonstrated ability to accurately analyze information.
• Knowledge of user acceptance testing concepts.
• Proven project management skills.
• Basic understanding of project Software Development Life Cycles.
• Exposure to modeling requirements using at least one if not more of the following: Workflow Modeling, User Cases, User Case Specification Process Modeling.
Required Abilities/ Skills:
• Relevant business and systems subject matter expertise.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Attention to detail and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to set priorities and handle multiple projects concurrently.
• Strong PC skills including Microsoft office software such as Word, Power Point, Visio, MS Project and Excel.
• Must be able to effectively work in a fast paced environment with frequently changing priorities, deadlines, and workloads that can be variable for long periods of time. Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence. Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging.
• LuminX & CFA experience preferred.
• Knowledge of organization and operations of the business area supporting.
• Demonstrated ability to elicit, document, analyze and verify requirements.
• Technical writing experience and training experience.
• Experience with the health insurance industry, especially with BCBS plans.
• Experience with Requirements Management Tools.
• Experience with software testing, test management and defect tracking tools.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 4.13.21
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship