Resp & Qualifications
SUMMARY: This position resides within Market Research and Analysis in the Strategic Research and Product Development group. Market Research supports all areas of the organization with voice-of-the-customer, strategically relevant insights and analysis. Techniques include survey research, panel studies, focus groups, in-depth interviews and analytical tools such as regression analysis, factor analysis, and choice-based modeling. Clients include business owners throughout the organization. Market Research Analysts each lead a specific set of projects valued at $500K to $1M, with each Analyst acting as a consultative resource for the clients sponsoring their research. This is an early career level position that reports to the Market Research Manager or the Director of Market Research.
If you are chosen for this role…
You will be responsible for coordinating project teams throughout all phases of market research-based consulting engagements. You will work independently and alongside senior staff to apply innovative market research practices that enable our clients to make informed decisions about their products and services. Our team develops and applies rigorous analytic methods, purposeful insights, and exceptional client service to help internal clients understand their market and competitive positioning. You will need to go beyond crunching data to understand the business needs of your clients and to make actionable, strategic recommendations that inform the direction of the organization. You will work alongside and learn from experienced consultants and analysts across a variety of unique project engagements. You will assist with project design, client and vendor management, survey development, data processing, statistical analysis, developing and delivering client recommendations & reports, and presenting to stakeholders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following:
Under the supervision of Market Research leadership:
Duties and Responsibilities
Implement Research Initiatives to Address Critical Business Issues
• With oversight from the Market Research Manager, implement and manage high quality, impactful qualitative or quantitative primary market research studies. This includes selecting the appropriate research methodologies, developing the analysis plans and designing questionnaires.
• Select outside vendors that will be responsible for field work/data collection, typically through a Request for Proposal (RFP) or Request for Quote (RFQ) process.
• Maintain a multitude of contacts with research suppliers, technology vendors, BCBSA staff and regulatory agencies to ensure that CareFirst BCBS complies with industry best practices and keeps up with new methodologies in Market Research.
• Manage internal processes to ensure legal, compliance, risk, and security needs are addressed.
• Ensure that projects run smoothly and on-time.
Assess and Communicate Strategic Implications of Primary Research Efforts
• Conduct detailed analyses (using SPSS, Excel, Odin, and other relevant software) and produce reports and presentations summarizing the findings of the analyses.
• With guidance from Manager, present research findings companywide via written reports and oral presentations to CareFirst staff, including Marketing staff and research clients.
• Assess the strategic and tactical implications of each set of findings and make recommendations for corrective actions to CareFirst management, as necessary.
Oversees Project teams of Primary Market Research Consultants and Support Staff
• With supervision, provides oversight of a project team of consultants from various research vendors being used to collect data for primary research projects.
• Be able to clearly define research objectives, work jointly to resolve any unforeseen problems and to assist them in managing multiple priorities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
• Undergraduate degree in Business, Marketing, Economics, Social Sciences, Statistics, Mathematics or other quantitative/analytical discipline or equivalent work experience is required.
• A minimum of 0–3 years of professional experience. Some experience with survey research or primary research is strongly preferred.
• Aptitude to synthesize and create a cohesive picture from a wide variety of information types and sources.
• Ability to effectively communicate complex issues and findings in writing and orally to both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Strong analytic, quantitative and problem-solving skills.
• Extremely organized, detail-oriented, resourceful and flexible.
• Strong time management skills and able to work on multiple tasks or projects concurrently.
• Outstanding writing, communication, and teaming skills with colleagues and clients.
• Strong aptitude for delivering dynamic, engaging, and professional telephone and in-person presentations to stakeholders.
• Demonstrated ability to consistently deliver polished, error-free work.
• Demonstrated ability to work both on a team and independently.
• Proficiency in or strong aptitude for working with data and conducting analyses using statistical packages, databases and spreadsheets, e.g. SPSS, SQL, R programming language, and/or Excel.
• Proficiency in or strong aptitude for working with Microsoft PowerPoint and Word.
• Experience in or desire to learn survey research methods and tools.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 5.5.21
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship