Resp & Qualifications
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: Under the direction of the Senior Director, System Development, the incumbent’s accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Leads the effort to produce the enterprise level application architecture solutions and architecture designs for large to complicated integration applications. Leading the definition of enterprise level strategies and technical directions by ensuring the definition of standards and procedures, understanding and championing industry best practices. Defines enterprise level strategies and technical direction. Defines the system, technical, and application architectures, and in some instances the business systems architecture for major areas of development.
2. Leads complex projects/issues that require in-depth knowledge across multiple technical areas and business segments. Integrates existing infrastructure with new applications by selecting the technology that provides the best solution for business needs. Responsible for design of applications based on business need and integration.
3. Partners with the engagement manager and business leadership in the definition of the enterprise level architecture documents.
4. Leads the process of Applications Architecture Review Board (AARB). Leads the peer reviews of the architecture design deliverables as a member of the Application Architecture Review Board.
5. Maintains knowledge of and apply industry best practices for architecture, participates in cross-functional component architecture teams, and develops future architecture and technology migration plans. Evaluates and selects from existing and emerging technologies the options best fitting business and IT strategic needs.
Required: This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related IT field or equivalent work experience. More than 12 + years of experience in enterprise projects and 8+ years of relevant architecture design experience.. Subject matter expert in project management execution of multiple enterprise level, mid to large sized projects; experience in participating in multidiscipline, high-performance work teams/groups and demonstrated competency in developing efficient and effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems. Expert in the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of large-scale systems. Extensive experience in developing technical architectures. Expert knowledge of information systems, spanning at least two to four component architectures. Extensive experienced in translating business strategies, across several business units, into effective solutions. Expert knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle. Expert understanding of design patterns and their application at all levels (conceptual, logical and physical). Excellent working experience of UML, SOA (including EA1 and B2B), Security, data modeling, object modeling, SOA and system performance optimization and business Rule Engines/workflow. Demonstrated success in architecting large scale enterprise software. A combination and good balance of architecture design and hands-on development skills. Proven strong technical leadership skills. Entrepreneur and solutions oriented Proven ability to lead the design of large-scale systems with N-tier architecture
Abilities/Skills: The incumbent would have the ability to identify and resolve complex situations in a responsive manner, and take corrective action to eliminate re-occurrence. Extensive understanding both long-term and short-term ‘big-picture’ perspectives. Ability to understand the business architecture, processes and strategies. Strategic thinking and leadership with excellent abilities in relationship management. Excellent analytical, planning, and communication skills. Ability to work collaboratively with others and facilitate problem resolution. Ability to anticipate future IT direction to support Corporate Initiatives. Excellent understanding of Enterprise Architectural process and practices.
Preferred: Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field preferred. Experience in the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of large-scale systems, preferably across multiple hardware and software platforms (in the health care industry). Experience with intranet development and implementation is a plus.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 5.28.21
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship
Not finding the right job?
Stay informed about future openings by joining one of our Talent Networks!