Resp & Qualifications
Under the general supervision of a Manager or Supervisor, the incumbent’s accountabilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Provides systems analysis support on less complex systems. Participates in the analysis of existing business rules, processes, and systems to recommend process and system enhancements to improve business performance and maximize the effectiveness of available technology. Leads effort to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate technical requirements for the low complexity changes to information systems, acting as a liaison between Business Analysts and IT technical team. Leads technical requirements analysis and verification sessions for projects that are low in complexity. Participates in business/user/functional requirements analysis, verification and prioritization sessions. Accountable for validating these to meet IT intake criteria. Assists with the development of sizing estimates for project requests and assists with determination of feasibility of implementing new systems or modifying existing systems. Collaborates with other IT staff to provide alternative system solutions that will meet client’s requirements while minimizing development and maintenance costs.
2. Participates in identification, analysis, and validation of client’s business requirements. Assists in documenting functional specifications and system requirements. Supports the development of technical specifications to ensure that the applications software meets the client’s requirements. Supports the creation of a refined Project Requirements Document. Coordinates with other IT staff to maintain systems in accordance with priorities and scheduled target dates. Participates in the review and analysis of business, user, functional and non-functional requirements and other related requirements artifacts to determine technical solution alternatives. Works closely with Application Developers to assist in the development of proofs of concept and alternative solutions to create, maintain and enhance business value. Educates Business Analysts and stakeholders about the underlying capabilities of the technology stack.
3. Provides ongoing client support for system questions and problems; serves as subject matter expert for designated systems; analyzes and researches less complex system problems, coordinating with vendors and other parties as necessary, and tracks them to resolution; develops, documents, and communicates alternative workarounds for less complex system defects until system solutions can be implemented. Supports the installation of software releases, including critical and emergency installs. Provides ongoing assistance to software developers and testers to resolve less complex defects during the development and testing process. As needed, develops and executes test plans and documents test results.
4. Performs team administrative duties including status reporting. Develops project management and analytical skills and increases applications, technical, and business knowledge. Expands knowledge and skills of CareFirst business processes, quality assurance, and systems development methodology.
Required Experience, Abilities & Skills:
This position requires a bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Business or relevant work experience in systems analysis/design and 1-3 years of direct Business Analyst, Systems Analyst, or Software Testing experience.
• Experience in or exposure to processes related to systems support.
• Demonstrated ability to elicit, document, analyze and verify requirements
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
• Experience with systems projects, serving as Business Analyst, Tester, or business end-user representative.
• Basic understanding of business processes related to systems supported.
• Strong PC skills including Microsoft office software such as Word, Power Point, and Excel.
• Experience with the health insurance industry, especially with BCBS plans.
• Experience with CareFirst business analysis and requirements (business, user, and technical – functional/non-functional) development and management) processes and tools.
• Understanding of technical requirements and technical solution in relation to various Software Development Life Cycles and Project Management Life Cycles.
• Experience with development of technical solutions and technical specification documentation.
• Basic understanding of systems design with working knowledge of multiple formalized DBMSs
• Experience with software testing.
• Experience with modeling system/data flows and business rules.
• Experience in accurately modeling requirements using at least one if not more of the following: State Diagrams, System Context Diagrams, User Interface Prototype, Activity Diagram, Workflow Diagrams, External Interface Diagrams, Dataflow Diagrams.
• Experience with MS Visio or other process / flow charting tools
• Experience with relational databases, to include development of queries and reports.
• Experience in or exposure to current relevant technologies used in the development, implementation, and support of software solutions. (e.g.., Pega, Tibco, Amberpoint, Webservices, XML, Cobol, JCL, Easytrieve, SQL, MQ Series, Java, C++, etc).
• Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP).
Department: IT Middle Office
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 6/24/21
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship
Not finding the right job?
Stay informed about future openings by joining one of our Talent Networks!