Resp & Qualifications
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: Under the general direction of the Director, Technical Infrastructure Services, the incumbent’s accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Primary responsibility for the organizational structure, processes, and staffing within the section to ensure that each is consistent with corporate initiatives and adequate to meet section goals. The manager evaluates performance of each team member, generates development plans and sets goals within the context of the corporate policy. Must also hire, motivate, coach, counsel and develop team members within the context of the corporate policies and manages the team’s budget. Ensures that staff has appropriate tools and training
2. Manages the leadership and planning to ensure resources are utilized appropriately to meet the Division’s strategic objectives. Assigns responsibility and authority to appropriate staff within the team. Reviews staffing requirements within the team to ensure that each is consistent and adequate to meet department goals. Provides technical leadership and oversight as required to ensure that all software or systems for which they are responsible are monitored and tuned to ensure acceptable levels of performance and resource utilization.
3. Researches technical and theoretical developments in the field to ensure that customers are receiving the most effective support to meet their business objectives. Provides input to the development of corporate IT standards and policies to ensure compatibility and integration throughout the company. Approve/Manage subcontracting and vendor evaluation studies pertaining to the IT organization, IT Infrastructure and Architectures. Stays current in new IT technologies to maintain high level subject matter expertise.
4. Communicates with Directors and other Corporate management to plan and implement Division Strategic Objectives. The manager also communicates with other IT and client personnel as well as vendors, consultants, auditors, other Blue Cross and Blue Shield Plans, Blue Cross Blue Shield Association (BCBSA), the FEP Director’s Office (FEPDO), and the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) to coordinate and implement system projects and enhancements. Attend management sessions to ensure that the team’s operation and long-range goals are coordinated within the larger framework of department, divisional and corporate initiatives.
5. Creates and manages departmental budget. Provides required financial reports, financial forecasts and status reports as required. Manages and negotiates vendor contracts for software and hardware purchases up to ten million dollars.
Required: This position requires a bachelor’s degree and 7-9 years of experience in IT Operations or Systems Support, or total equivalent work experience. Experience in full life cycle project management. Proven ability to organize and manage multiple projects and to deliver projects on time and on budget. Demonstrated success in management and leadership. Prior experience with technologies and systems related to the department’s core activities that include, but are not limited to, Data Base Administration, MQSeries, UNIX, Storage, WebSphere, WebSphere Portals, TIBCO and Capacity Planners. Extensive experience with specific functions of area managed.
Abilities/Skills: Ability to teach, develop, and motivate others. Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to negotiate and manage customer relationships and expectations. Extensive PC skills including Microsoft office software such as Word, EXCEL, Visio and PowerPoint.
Preferred: Broad knowledge of CareFirst organization and operations. Experience with project management tools such as MS Project. Experience with best industry practices for project management (including resource estimating, tracking, metrics, gap analyses, and project mid-point reviews). Experience with both mainframe and client/server technology. Experience with other tools specific to the area managed. College Degree or MA preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 6.24.21
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship
Not finding the right job?
Stay informed about future openings by joining one of our Talent Networks!