Resp & Qualifications
PURPOSE: The Product Analyst plays an integral role in Product Lifecycle Management, working closely with the Product Owner and the Project Manager as well as Finance, Underwriting and Health Economics teams. This position supports all four phases of the Product Lifecycle Management process including Product Strategy, Product Design, Product Implementation, and Product Management. The Product Analyst participates in agile Product Lifecycle Management and plays a key role to ensure than product needs are met and business issues are identified, documented and acted upon. The Product Analyst elicits, analyzes, documents, validates, specifies and verifies the product needs for CareFirst business to support new product launches or changes to existing portfolio; business requirements development; technology solutioning; and accuracy and efficiency of CareFirst’s products through to product execution.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: Under the general supervision of the Manager of Product Analytics , the incumbent’s accountabilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Participates in agile product lifecycle management, serving as the Core Team Marketing Representative that executes on team deliverables.
• Develops and defines requirements/user stories, creates acceptance criteria, and manages user story backlog. Identifies a minimum viable product and ensures iterative progress for product releases. Assists in the prioritization of work.
• Works as part of a multi-disciplinary project team of Marketing Product Owners and Project Managers, along with cross-functional stakeholders that include Underwriting, Pricing, Sales, Contracting and Compliance, and IT, to set priorities, gather data, perform analysis, troubleshoot problems, and resolve issues.
• Develops, in concert with Sr. Product Analyst and Product Owners, recommendations, presentations, and business cases for product launches, changes, and product exits.
• Develops market analyses based on competitor trends.
• Analyzes internal and external competitive landscape data on the growth and profitability of products and segments to inform strategies.
• Continually assesses market trends and competitor products including strategy, benefit design, pricing, and financial performance.
• Supports, via in-depth analysis, the design of products informed by market research, along with internal and external market data.
• Develops and provides quality assurance of documents with benefit information, ensuring accuracy and consistency
• Develops and manages documents with detailed benefit information, ensuring accuracy and consistency.
• Investigates and provides resolution ad hoc issues, and day-to-day benefit and systems issues that impact customer experience.
• Provides quality assurance of various filed and member-facing documents for accuracy.
• Assists in developing product literature/promotional tools to support new product launches, as well as maintains or revises existing literature to keep it current.
• Supports technology solutions required for product implementation.
• Inputs benefits into a product book of record and validates data is accurate.
• Interprets business needs, identifies technology improvements. and provides requirements to IT for system implementation
• Supports the development of technical requirements and detailed documentation that is clearly and concisely articulated.
• Identifies problems and works with technical teams to correct issues aligned with business needs.
• Ensures success of user acceptance testing, documents system deficiencies, and oversees resolution of defects during the testing process.
Required: The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related field. 1-3 years of experience in product development, benefits analysis or related experience.
Flexibility and the ability to work under time constraints, adapt to shifting priorities, and work independently as well as part of a team are required.
Strong analytical mindset preferred.
Experience manipulating and analyzing data.
Experience ingesting, analyzing and sharing data with Power BI is preferred
Abilities/Skills: Must have highly developed analytical skills and be able to effectively communicate complex marketing and business-related issues to a diverse audience (both written and orally). Must have excellent problem-solving skills, and be able to document and analyze issues, build productive relationships, and work effectively independently and on cross-functional teams. Must be proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and strong experience with Power BI.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 6.24.21
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship
Not finding the right job?
Stay informed about future openings by joining one of our Talent Networks!