Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 6.1.21
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship
Responsible for leading the development and implementation of DevOps Pipelines cross the multiple platforms by leveraging the state-of-art technology. Serves as a technical lead in the development of Automation Systems and collaborates with business customers in examining solution options and in planning and managing multiple IT centric projects. Participates the development activities of the delivery teams and plans and implements DevOps Pipelines to build and deploy artifacts for the given technology.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: Under the general direction of the System Manager the incumbent's accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Leads and performs coding and testing on complicated revisions to DevOps Pipelines and creates efficient and maintainable pipelines with existing DevOps tools such as Jenkins, Bitbucket, Sonar, Artifactory.
2. Confers with Delivery teams to identify requirements (e.g., pipeline needs, Automation needs), and determines their desired outcomes in order to formulate the design of the system and/or offer alternative solutions in a timely manner.
3. Proactively analyzes and reviews emerging technologies, changes in the Insurance/Healthcare industry and the business functions of various clients, in order to determine if the advanced applications fit the needs of changing strategies, goals and objectives.
4. Develops and maintains technical knowledge through training, classes, research, projects and so on
Required: This position requires a BA/BS in computer science or directly related field with 12+ years of experience with professional software development and Automation experience using Java, Groovy, XML, YAML, Scripting, PowerShell.
This position requires hands on knowledge of building DevOps Pipelines and solving problems around DevOps Pipelines.
This position requires previous experience working with multiple software deliver managers and building DevOps pipelines for faster Delivery cycles.
Abilities/Skills: Candidate should have experience leading a team of engineers in the DevOps Space. Candidate should have hands on skills with the various DevOps tools. Candidate should have experience in meeting with Sr. Architects, Solution Architects, Enterprise Architects, delivery managers, understanding their pain points, and designing solutions to best fit their needs. Candidates should have experience working with teams and show a propensity in dealing with the user community. Flexibility is essential to this position (candidates should be willing to learn new technologies, to implement new processes, and to take instruction). This position will require strong application development and analytical (i.e. requirements gathering) skills, as well as the ability to learn new technologies quickly based on prior experiences with similar tools and an understanding of infrastructure. Good organizational and documentation skills will be essential in ensuring developed source code can be interpreted by other members of the development team. Superior written and verbal communication skills and the ability to present technical terminology to internal clients of all levels and some external vendors will be extremely helpful in moving any and all projects forward. This role does not have direct reports at this point.
The responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Leading a team of engineers.
• Have hands on skills with Jenkins, Bitbucket, Sonar, Artifactory, CloudNative Practices. Wide breadth knowledge of development and testing best DevOps practices.
• Outstanding knowledge in Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Testing (CT), Security and deployment (CD) concepts. Knowledge of JIRA and Confluence
• Hands on with Groovy DSL, Python, Ansible playbooks, Shell scripting, Consuming API's to build Power BI dashboards.
• Apply engineering principles to improve resiliency, performance, efficiency and scalability of the DevOps eco system
• Coach delivery teams on DevOps practices based on enterprise roadmap.
• Analyze existing processes, practices, within the delivery teams and suggest changes to improve throughput.
• Understand evolving need of delivery teams and enhance DevOps delivery pipeline capabilities
• Onboard and support various delivery teams to adopt DevSecOps platform
• Find opportunities and build automation to reduce team’s interdependency
• Collaborate with internal development community and develop self-serve capability for them to meet business needs effectively
• Stay current with DevOps practices, emerging tools landscape, and predict impact of changes
• Automate DevOps pipelines
• Participate and host Community of Practice (CoP) sessions
• Linux administration
• Excellent documentation skills
• Self-starter and quick learner
• Be part of on call rotation
Not finding the right job?
Stay informed about future openings by joining one of our Talent Networks!