Resp & Qualifications
Reporting to the Director/ Sr. Director of Market Facing Portfolio, the Manager of Digital User Experience drives a vision for how digital experiences should be designed for CareFirst customers/ partners, and management of a team committed to creating new product visual concepts and capabilities. The incumbent must bring advanced level skills in graphic design, interaction design, prototyping, HTML, and style sheet development. The incumbent will also be skilled at leading work and managing careers, as they will manage a team of direct reports.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Manages the designing and delivering various aspects of UX for various Market Facing Portals and Mobile applications.
• Leads business requirements gathering by taking the looks-first approach.
• Collaborates with Corporate Communications to write/ validate the content on the external facing applications.
• Leads development and delivery of information architecture, graphic design, interaction design, prototyping, HTML, and style sheet
Strategy and Innovation
• Provides quality strategic thinking for a product, and help ensure a shared vision across the enterprise to ensure a quality and cohesive look and feel across digital touch points.
• Identifies and address future UI/UX functional development and enhancements, by leading the user experience and requirements gathering. Manages day to day business, development projects and design optimization testing,
• Demonstrates knowledge of the dynamically changing mobile and web technology landscape to continuously improve the user experience and keep up with the market demands.
• Provides creative leadership and coaching to team members in an iterative process of visual concept development, prototyping, animation, and gathering user and business feedback; and make product user experience decisions based on this feedback and key metrics.
• Guides the team in producing creative and impactful solutions through ideation, leadership and regular feedback and critique.
• Leads by example through appropriate participation and involvement in, and oversight of, project delivery activities.
• Evaluate performance of each team member, generate development plans and set goals within the context of the corporate policy.
• Hires, develops strong staff members through building knowledge and understand in the area of digital user experience.
Bachelor’s degree in arts, design, or business or equivalent work experience required.
7+ years of design experience.
Experience leading and managing people.
Master’s degree in arts, design, business or related field.
Health insurance industry exposure
• Ability to lead dynamic, energized, and highly creative multidiscipline high-performance work teams in learning and applying new skills/techniques to respond to business needs.
• Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs.
• Considerable experience managing and delivering Business and IT centric projects using leading-edge technology, and older legacy systems.
• Considerable experience in human resource management skills, staff development.
• Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate and persuade customers, employees, and management at all levels and thrive in a cross-functional environment.
• Excellent oral and written communications; an ability to present and discuss technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding.
• Strong management, business planning, and development skills.
• Project management skills, effectively arranging resources and managing multiple small to large projects in a cross-functional environment.
• Ability to analyze project needs and determine resources needed to meet objectives.
• Ability to create original concepts and take heuristic approaches to testing/refining existing theories and to develop new system approaches to solve problems and seize opportunities to sustain busi¬ness success.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills.
• Willingness to travel to multiple locations within greater Baltimore/Washington area for meetings and time limited project work.
• Willingness to work occasional night and weekends related to project releases and key deliverables
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 6.1.21
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship
Not finding the right job?
Stay informed about future openings by joining one of our Talent Networks!