Resp & Qualifications
• Create brand awareness and opportunities for CareFirst Medicare Advantage through grassroots and community-based efforts.
• Serve as education expert for Medicare Advantage, developing consumer and stakeholder education and training programs and collaborative materials to reach prospective members.
• Build and maintain professional relationships with staff in Area Agencies on Aging, health departments, senior centers, senior housing, community-based organizations, churches, and other community stakeholders to expand Medicare education and plan branding efforts.
• Conduct plan specific trainings for county SHIP coordinators, healthcare professionals, resident service coordinators or activities directors in senior buildings, and hospital case managers.
• Serve as a plan resource for SHIP coordinators.
• Create original materials, schedule, and conduct Medicare education activities for beneficiaries in senior housing and senior centers, working closely with Marketing and Sales to engage field brokers in these education sessions.
• Participate in the Local Health Improvement Coalitions and workgroups.
• Maintain relationships with representatives from home health and personal care agencies, faith communities, and nonprofits that serve the needs of older adults and the disabled.
• Identify community outreach opportunities through personal and professional contacts, engagement in the community, participation on coalitions, and online research.
• Set up tables at health fairs, senior expos, community fairs, doctor offices to provide information on the plan.
• Track all events, presentations, and meetings using Excel.
• Collaborate with internal departments to resolve member concerns and needs.
• Visit and meet with health care providers to educate them on the benefits and get their commitment for table setups.
• Available weekends and evenings as needed for community events and meetings.
Working in a community setting conducting outreach, activities, or education
Ability to manage several projects simultaneously
Proven ability to build relationships with people from many fields and social situations
Maryland Healthcare License and AHIP Certificate (willing to attain the license and certificate within 3 months of hire, training and license expenses reimbursed by CareFirst upon successful completion)
Knowledge of Medicare and Medicare Advantage
Working with older adults and/or the disabled
Working in the healthcare or insurance industry
Special events coordination
High school diploma or GED
Communications both verbal and written; social perceptiveness; Word, Excel, PowerPoint; sound judgement and independent thinking; people skills; project management
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 6.26.21
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship
Not finding the right job?
Stay informed about future openings by joining one of our Talent Networks!