Resp & Qualifications
Under the direction of the Vice President of Corporate Services, Real Estate and Procurement, this position will be responsible for the lead the vision, strategy and adoption of sourcing, procurement, and vendor management processes and systems in support of $500-750M in annual addressable spend. This position interacts directly with executive management across the CareFirst organization to manage high dollar proposals through closure and is directly responsible for the oversight of key activities that directly and indirectly impact effective management of supplier relationships, including the MBE program and ensuring such processes and systems support the Business Units while maintaining the best interests of the company.
Principle duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following
Process and System Improvement:
• Establishes and communicates a clear vision and drives the transformation of the Procure-to-Pay processes and systems across the organization.
• Actively engages and leads the company’s business units and impacted functions to adopt and embrace globally standardized procurement processes.
• Stays abreast of process trends and leading practices occurring in the marketplace and regularly informs the department of strategic direction and process enhancement.
• Drive active collaboration across the stakeholder groups with the organization who manage Procure-to-Pay processes (i.e., purchasing, invoicing), including building and maintaining relationships with department leaders, external partners, and vendors to make decisions regarding operational activity and strategic goals.
• Maintain and oversee relationships with 3rd party Procurement system providers (e.g., Ariba) to ensure technology is in alignment with strategic Procurement direction.
• Leads the Minority/Women Business Enterprise activities of the company including developing preferred vendor relationships through outreach in the community.
Planning and Execution:
• Develops and translates the overall transformation strategy into operational goals, objectives, and process roadmaps and identifies necessary resources (people and capital) to support the implementation of these strategies.
• Oversees the data management of all CareFirst contracts including ensuring all contract workspaces are accurate and published in a timely manner.
• Ensures timely and accurate assignment of new procurement requests and renewals.
• Ensures accurate contract orders and purchase orders are executed for all procurement transactions.
• Monitor and provide senior management reporting on usage of Source-to-Pay systems, cycle times, and process control points and implement plans for improving system usage/value.
• Implement processes/controls that ensure invoices (and invoicing issues) are processed accurately in partnership with Accounts Payable and business stakeholders.
• Support cost savings initiatives as well as data and spend analysis needs of SS&P leadership and sourcing associates.
• Provide accurate reporting to internal and external stakeholder groups
Associate Management, Stakeholder Engagement and Training:
• Consistently oversees development of and updates to department and stakeholder training materials and communication programs.
• Consistently oversees development of and updates to department standard operating procedures to ensure compliance with corporate policies and the FAR.
• Drives deployment and adoption of standardized Source-to-Pay processes within the department and across business units.
• Deliver ongoing training to internal and external stakeholder groups, including new hire training, day to day operational issues, updates, etc.
• Motivate, coach and develop associates for growth in skill development.
• Lead staff performance plans and reviews on an annual basis.
• Proactively track RFx pipeline and ensure diverse suppliers are included for consideration wherever possible.
• Ensure monthly diverse supplier reporting to internal and external stakeholder groups.
Total annual spend: • $500-750 Million
Contracts executed annually: • 800-1000
In-force contracts: • 800 to 1200
This position interacts directly with executive management across the CareFirst organization to manage high dollar proposals through closure.
Total number of direct reports: 3-4
Total staff managed: 9
Required: This position requires (i) a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field, or equivalent experience, and (ii) over 10 years of experience in procurement and supply chain processes and systems, including 5 plus years of progressively responsible management experience.
• Experience with leading eProcurement platforms, Ariba experience preferred.
• Ability to apply sound business principles and practices to project management and change management processes.
• Proven strategic planning and solution creation ability
• Proficiency with data analytics and performance metrics strategies using business management software (e.g., SAP, ERP, CRM)
• Strong presentation and facilitation abilities
• Ability to lead multi-disciplinary, cross functional teams in a matrix structure
• Strong interpersonal skills and mastery level of written and oral communication skills
• Ability to liaise with and influence peers and senior leaders both within and across business units
• Project management, strategy, consulting, process improvement and/or operational experience
• Proven leadership / management of large complex programs and high-performance teams
• MBA preferred
• Experience in operational change management
• PMP certification or completion of courses
• Ability to track technology trends with respect to Purchase to Pay systems
• Experience in the healthcare or health payer markets
• Knowledge of the FAR
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 7/7/21
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship
Not finding the right job?
Stay informed about future openings by joining one of our Talent Networks!