Resp & Qualifications
Under the direction of a member of the Divisional Senior Leadership team, this associate will develop and lead implementation of communication strategies and events that reinforce core Divisional priorities and values among associates within the division , and to a broader network of CareFirst associates whose collaboration and support are central to ensuring attainment of goals. The associate will direct change management communication and activities to ensure associates are educated regarding corporate plans, priorities, progress against goals, and key initiatives, including their personal role/stake in the endeavor. The Communications Consultant will collaborate with all business areas and levels of the organization—including the EVP—to develop messaging that influences a positive attitude towards corporate values and cultivates high levels of associate morale and engagement.
The associate will develop and execute communication strategies, informed by the Leadership team, that support the deployment of initiatives, new programs, technologies, policies, and procedures. This includes communication of the Divisional and Corporate Business Plan, and periodic reporting of progress against goals. Through a systematic approach for communications, the Consultant will act as a liaison between staff and leadership, reinforcing personal connections to divisional priorities, across the division, and the broader CareFirst organization as a whole.
The Consultant will write and edit documents, presentations and materials targeting audiences ranging from associates, customers, and channel partners to the Board of Directors. He/she will execute messaging through varied tools, including social media, and digital and web-based applications. The Consultant will plan, organize and execute events and forums that support education, awareness, and appreciation of corporate initiatives and priorities.
Develop Strategy and Design Content
• Develop strategy to infuse organization with support for divisional priorities, and shared values.
• Continually analyze, anticipate, and identify needs for education/communication, and opportunities to engage with and champion change management among associates. Requires close collaboration with Divisional leadership to understand challenges and priorities, as well as participation in and contribution to associate-led forums, stakeholder meetings for Corporate Initiatives, as well as other business-related corporate meetings and planning sessions.
• Create integrated communication plans—reflective of findings from aforementioned analyses—that support emerging priorities, and deployment of initiatives, new programs, technologies, policies, and procedures.
• Effectively write and edit clear, concise communications materials for various audiences, including members, providers, accounts, brokers and internal associates that reflect the business objectives and engage key stakeholders.
• Collaborate with, oversee, implement and adhere to brand style guide and consistencies in writing style.
• Utilize powerpoint and other graphical design programs to collaborate on packaging content for the EVP and other senior leaders.
• Develop and implement executive communications—championing divisional priorities and values—that provide broad messaging, inclusive of, but not limited to: celebration and recognition of associate/departmental/divisional successes/achievements; announcements of key initiatives, programs, launches, and partnerships; updates to the annual business plan; and recurring reports of progress against goals.
• Develop and implement communications soliciting associate participation in corporate-sponsored causes such as United Way, Wellness challenges, flu shots, PAC, Day of Service, volunteer opportunities, holiday drives and community fundraisers, etc.
• Develop and implement communications soliciting timely associate completion of required actions, including but not limited to: mandatory training, compliance activities, submission of Associate Satisfaction action plans, annual election of benefits, performance assessment activities and documentation, etc.
• Manage creative development of media, including social media and “traditional” tools, such as emails, newsletters, websites and SharePoint, to engage target audience(s).
Event Planning and Execution
• Develop and implement communications soliciting associate participation in Divisional events and forums.
• Conceive of, plan, organize and execute activities and events supporting aforementioned messaging and communications.
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, organizational development, or a related field, with at least 5 years of relevant experience.
• Demonstrated ability to understand business/client needs, make a difference, and build support of core divisional values.
• A strong relationship builder and influencer who is comfortable working with leaders at all levels, as well as across departments.
• Superb written and oral communications, inclusive of ability to write with varying tone; ability to translate technical jargon into compelling copy; excellent proofreading and editing skills, and a passion for creating engaging and relevant web and print content.
• A keen attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and manage a variety of tasks simultaneously; under often tight deadlines.
• Must be professional, organized, enthusiastic and a team player who can work independently.
• Exceptional powerpoint and graphic design skills
• Visionary leadership, displaying passion and optimism, inspiring respect and trust, and driving others to fulfill the vision and embrace change.
• Balances team and individual responsibilities, exhibiting objectivity and openness to others’ views, able to build morale and group commitment to goals.
• Innovative, original thinking, meeting challenges with resourcefulness, and presenting ideas and information in a manner that commands others’ attention.
• Strategic thinking and the ability to adapt to changing circumstances/limiting factors.
• Must demonstrate resilience and effectively work in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities, deadlines, and workloads that can be variable for long periods of time. Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence. Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging.
• Two to three years of health insurance experience, a good understanding of health care trends, policy, or clinical concepts
• An understanding of advertising design print production and electronic communications.
• Familiarity with event planning and execution.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 7.6.21
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship
Not finding the right job?
Stay informed about future openings by joining one of our Talent Networks!