Resp & Qualifications
Drives enterprise optimization by introducing capabilities (inclusive of all functions) for the data architecture domain utilizing in-depth knowledge and expert skills to advance data architecture principles (data modeling, profiling, metadata management, data quality, and master data management). Translates business needs into data architectural solutions that meet performance, reliability and security expectations. Applies enterprise roadmaps, principles, standards, and practices to drive data architecture strategies and execution.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: Under the direction of the Data Architecture Manager, the incumbent’s duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Primary for preparing data architecture and models depicting current, target, and interim states. Use current state viewpoints to identify and analyze pain points and opportunities (PPOs). Perform advanced modeling and analysis to meet the strategic needs of the organization with respect to system, information, functional/non-functional needs, performance and security/regulatory requirements. Create and utilize architecture patterns and ensure alignment with IT strategies and reference data architectures. Ensure target state alignment and integration across architecture domains. Ensure upstream alignment / traceability to business needs via business architecture and downstream alignment / traceability with solution building blocks. Lead the extension / enhancement of data architecture strategies, standards, and guidelines. Identify and support development of reusable domain patterns.
- Collaborates on creation design, engineering and implementation of assets for internal use in solutions to improve solution quality; collaborate through implementation phase. Support peer reviews and represent the architecture domain in briefings to the Architecture Review Board. collaborates publishing and maintenance of viewpoints / work products in the architecture repository, ensuring they are organized, accurate, and accessible. Disposition stakeholder comments / feedback received via project and nonproject channels. Ensures that regulatory and compliance issues are addressed in solutions.
- Collaborate with other teams (business and technical), key stakeholders, and partners to understand needs to maximize architecture impact and address technical limitations. Evaluates/selects a solution / product design that aligns with IT / Domain strategies, standards, and guidelines.
- Researches emerging data architecture and data integration trends to determine their relevancy and fit for the organization.
- Participates in vendor evaluation and selection process broadly; facilitates vendor evaluation and selection for domain-specific tooling. Represent the architecture domain in the drafting of RFIs/RFPs and the evaluation / scoring of vendor proposals.
- Performs development / enhancement of data architecture domain methods and tools. Ensure the alignment / integration of data architecture processes / deliverables with those of other architecture domains and SDLC disciplines. Performs development of domain related communications / education materiel for use with stakeholders and architecture / SDLC partners.
- Leads domain assessment of new / proposed projects for architecture impacts in support of annual planning, resource estimation, and alignment with IT strategy and enterprise architecture. Provide input to project, product, and enterprise technology roadmaps. Provide regular reporting on progress, issues, and opportunities related to architecture domain.
- Develops data structure solutions to optimize implementations, performance, and total cost of ownership for defined data usage scenarios.
- Applies the direction and strategy for enterprise wide master data management / reference data to solutions.
- Understands the state of data (enterprise-wide) in the context of its processing. Builds solutions to support business functions, analytics, and informaton/reporting needs
Drive the design of platform capabilities for data warehouse, and data stores to optimize the state of data including data lineage, data quality, data usage, etc.
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
Education Details: Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
Experience: 8 years Related professional experience
6 years Experience in Data Architecture and Integration:
- Building modern data solutions in cloud technologies including – Microsoft Azure, Snowflake, Informatica IICS
- Structured and Unstructured Data Processing: data ingestion and transformation of various formats including JSON, XML, EDI, HL7, FHIR, etc.
- Knowledge of Data Integration Tools – Informatica, Kafka, ADF, SSIS, etc.
- Data Modeling Principles – Deep understanding of industry best practices to develop models for LDAP / OLAP models, data warehouses, etc.; Experience creating conceptual, logical, physical with Data modeling tools such as ERStudio, ERWIN, etc.
- Strong / Expert SQL query knowledge
- Traditional RDBMS tools such as Oracle, SQL Server
- Knowledge of Master Data Management, Data Governance and Data Security principles
In Lieu of Education
In lieu of a Bachelor's degree, an additional 4 years of relevant work experience is required in addition to therequired work experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs) Proficiency
- Expertise with modeling data warehouses, data marts, data structures using - Expert
- Ability to motivate and influence others so that project objectives are met in a timely manner - Advanced
- Ability to collaborate with stakeholders develop high quality solutions - Advanced
- Ability to coach, delegate, and develop team members - Advanced
- Proficient in managing cross-domain architecture solutions and impacts - Advanced
- Effective organizational, interpersonal/relationship management, analytical, communications (written and verbal) and collaboration - Expert
Additional Skills and Abilities
Preferred (Not Required):
- Microsoft Azure Certified Architect
- Experience in designing and development of ETL/ELT
- Familiar with Data Security, Data Governance concepts
- Experience with HealthCare Industry
- Experience building architectural patterns at scale, including thoughtfully-designed data solutions, repeatable data pipelines, and efficient software engineering principles
- Understanding of CI/CD, infrastructure engineering and building future ready technology solutions
- Familiar with Python, Java, etc
The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her
ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs. Must be able to effectively work in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities, deadlines, and workloads that can be variable for long periods of time. Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence. Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 7.8.21
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship