Resp & Qualifications
Role: Sr Clarity Analyst/Administrator
Under the general supervision of a Manager, the Sr Clarity Analyst/Administrator’s accountabilities include but are not limited to the following:
1. Provides ongoing client support for system questions and problems; serves as subject matter expert for designated systems; analyzes and researches moderately complex system problems, coordinating with vendors and other parties as necessary, and tracks them to resolution; documents, and communicates alternative workarounds for system defects until system solutions can be implemented. Supports the installation of software releases, including critical and emergency installs. As needed, develops and executes test plans and documents test results.
2. Documents system requirements and oversees documentation of technical solution for moderately complex systems. Supports the development of technical specifications and provides ongoing assistance and consultation to resolve problems to ensure the applications meet the client’s requirements. Coordinates with other staff to maintain systems. Reviews and analyzes moderately complex business, user, functional and non-functional requirements and other related requirements artifacts to determine technical solution alternatives.
3. Provides systems analysis guidance and consultation on moderately complex systems. Participates in the analysis of existing business rules, processes, and systems to recommend process and system enhancements to improve business performance and maximize the effectiveness of available technology. Participates in moderately complex business/user/functional requirements analysis, verification and prioritization sessions. Accountable for validating these to meet intake criteria. Collaborates with other staff to provide alternative system solutions that will meet client’s requirements while minimizing development and maintenance costs.
4. Performs team administrative duties including status reporting. Develops project management and analytical skills and increases applications and technical knowledge. Obtains a high level of technical and business knowledge. Develops a solid understanding of emerging technologies and how they may be leveraged to advance strategies, goals, and objectives.
Required Experience, Abilities & Skills:
This position requires a bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Business or relevant work experience in systems analysis/design and 3-6 years of direct Systems Analyst experience.
• 5+ years Administration of Clarity PPM solution 12.0 or above
• Familiar with New UI of Clarity 15.X
• Experience with NSQL and Jaspersoft
• Experience with Microsoft Project/Clarity Connector
• Familiar with portlet creation and Configuration
• Understanding of business processes related to systems supported (e.g., Clarity PPM, SBM, etc.)
• Knowledge of and demonstrated experience with current relevant technologies used in the implementation and support of software solutions. (e.g.., NSQL, Jaspersoft
• Experience with coaching/mentoring other associates.
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
• Extensive PC skills including Microsoft office software such as Word, Power Point and Excel.
• Experience with MS Visio or other process / flow charting tool.
• Basic understanding of systems solution architecture and data architecture processes and practices.
• Basic understanding of system project life cycle methodologies (e.g., Traditional/Waterfall vs Iterative)
• Experience with the health insurance industry, especially with BCBS plans.
• Experience with project management software.
• Experience with systems implementation, and maintenance
• Experience with software testing and/or defect tracking and testing tools.
• Experience with relational databases, to include development of queries and reports.
• Experience with Microsoft PowerBI
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 7.6.21
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship
Not finding the right job?
Stay informed about future openings by joining one of our Talent Networks!