Resp & Qualifications
• The associate assists in ensuring the accuracy and integrity of assigned systems through the development and execution of efficient test plans, test cases, automated testing scripts, and test scenarios.
• The associate will be responsible for developing and maintaining business and technical knowledge as well as creating, maintaining, modifying, managing and executing testing plans, test cases, low-level automated test scripts, and test scenarios. The associate will work with testing tools, report on testing metrics, and help to extend the use of technology in testing. In addition, the associate must be able to communicate affectively and collaborate with other teams as necessary.
• Develop skills to review, analyze and validate manual (and some automated) test cases and the associated requirements that impact the business production systems. Work is reviewed for accuracy and quality performance.
Under the direct supervision of the Team Lead, the associate’s accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Assists in creating, coding and keying accurate and thorough test plans and test cases with pre-determined results. Executes tests and reviews test data within specified scheduled dates.
Assists with analyzing test and operational problems to determine presence and scope of potential code defects. Reports errors through a structured defect tracking process. Communicates weekly with management verbally and via written detail status report regarding potential problems and concerns.
Develop and maintain business and technical knowledge through classroom training, testing workshops, reading, and research, etc. Acquire and maintain a working knowledge of testing tools. Expand business knowledge of product benefits, corporate policies, division and department goals and department procedures.
Assists in reviewing and analyzing business and system requirements and specifications for system programs and modules.
Assists and coordinates with customers to resolve issues. Verify satisfaction of internal and external customer requests and obtain information to create test data.
Participates in project work group meetings (internal/external peer reviews, walk through, status meetings, Software Process Improvement, JAD sessions etc.)
Initiates Change Management Records (CMRs) or CareFirst Information Technology Tacking System (CITT) requests for necessary system changes or enhancements.
• College degree or equivalent or equivalent work experience and at least 1-3 years of experience in functional analysis, testing, verification and validation
• Knowledge and understanding of the software development life cycle (SDLC)
• Experience with test automation framework architectural design
• Strong background in using and managing both front-end and back-end automated testing tools (e.g. Selenium, SoapUI , Cucumber etc.)
• Experience in Webservices test automation
• Experience with relational database management systems (e.g. MS SQL Server, DB2, Oracle,) Proven proficiency with: SQL and PL/SQL
• Proven experience to create, maintain and run complex database queries.
• Experience with Microsoft Office Tools (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
• Desire to learn and grow
• Ability to create, maintain and run database queries
• Ability to learn and work independently and effectively in a small team is necessary as, must work overtime when necessary and be able to handle multiple tasks in fast-paced environment.
• Associate must be a team player, use professional judgment, and must support organizational and departmental goals.
• Individual must work well independently or with minimal supervision as well as a contributing member of a team.
• Should be well organized and detail oriented as well.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Candidates should have good inter-personal skills and willingness to work with team.
• Flexibility is essential to this position (candidates should be willing to learn new technologies, to implement new processes, and to take instruction).
• This position will require strong software engineering concepts and analytical (i.e. analyzing requirements and come up with technical solution) skills, as well as the ability to learn new technologies quickly based on prior experiences with similar tools and an understanding of infrastructure.
• Good organizational and documentation skills will be essential in ensuring developed test scripts can be interpreted by other members of the testing team.
• Superior written and verbal communication as well as presentation skills.
• Knowledge and understanding of the healthcare industry
• Experience with writing program/scripts with object oriented programming/scripting languages.
• Knowledge and understanding of the automated testing
• Knowledge and understanding of different software development methodologies (i.e., Waterfall, Agile)
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 7.6.21
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship
Not finding the right job?
Stay informed about future openings by joining one of our Talent Networks!