Resp & Qualifications
The Senior Health Informatics Analyst role is a unique opportunity for someone passionate about leading and participating in the development, validation and delivery of algorithms, statistical models and reporting tools, as well as solving complex analytical issues. Health Informatics creates cutting edge analytic tools to drive better and faster decision making within the organization and provides critical support for key corporate programs, such as the Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) and Total Care and Cost Improvement (TCCI) programs. This role will require frequent interaction with project stakeholders and business partners at all levels of the organization. This position will use predictive and behavioral analytics, and analytically derived insights to develop and test solutions that enhance consumer engagement, improve health outcomes and reduce health care costs. This is a fast-paced, collaborative and iterative environment requiring quick learning, agility and flexibility.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: Under the direction of a Lead Health Informatics Analyst or Supervisor, the principal duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Work with multiple systems to extract, integrate and use large volumes of data for deeper analysis. With guidance from Lead Health Informatics Analysts, complete ad hoc and production analyses and reports in support of major corporate programs such as Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH), Account reporting, quality and cost of care, provider performance, clinical outcomes, care program operations and efficiency. Support of marketing and strategic planning, insurance commissioner audits/inquiries, processes which affect the corporate finances (current financing, audits, special investigations, subpoenas, class action law suits). Develop requirements for developers to include outcomes in software solutions. This may include some or all of the specific skills and functions below:
• Communicate predictions and findings to executive management through effective data visualizations and reports.
• Big thinker that can take broad visions and concepts and develop structured plans, actions and measureable metrics and then execute those plans.
• Conduct undirected research and frame open ended questions. Work with business units and management to gather/understand business requirements for new project requests.
• Build sophisticated algorithms to meet business requirements and use statistical, mathematical, and predictive modeling skills to build a comprehensive platform for data analysis and reporting.
• Analyze data to discard erroneous or problematic information. Explore and examine data from a variety of angles to determine hidden weaknesses, trends or opportunities in the data. Provide analytical commentaries to explain or highlight significant findings.
• Design and develop analytic methodologies for multiple projects on a wide variety of total health care and clinical pharmacy issues
Ability to communicate complex statistical and technical ideas and results to non-technical clients in written and verbal form. Conduct training and knowledge transfer in data science. Assist colleagues with assignments. Offer business/functional advice in addition to providing technical advice.
Provide on-going tracking and monitoring of application performance and recommend improvements to methods and algorithms. Work closely with clients, data stewards, and other business and technology leaders to frame problem definition and potential solutions. Work with external vendors and governmental agencies/insurance divisions as required. Contribute to the continual improvement of the department by developing efficient methods for extracting data from source systems, interpreting and summarizing results, and developing neat and accurate end-user reports. Generate clear and concise documentation for all projects. Demonstrate excellent organizational skills and ability to set priorities and handle multiple projects concurrently.
Perform team administrative duties including status reporting, daily project time reporting and self/peer/project assessments.
• Bachelor's degree in Data Science, Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, or a closely related field or equivalent combination of transferrable experience and education
• 5+ years of experience in data analysis, modeling and reporting
• Expert programming experience with R, SQL, SAS, or similar stack
• Proficiency at transforming data, data classification and translations, as well as resolving data quality and data cleansing challenges
• Excellent research, analytical, written and oral communication skills
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Willingness to work with new technologies
• Intermediate design work and/or use of relational databases including experience working with dimensional modeling, star schemas and time-series data
• Demonstrated proficiency with multiple reporting applications and tools, including MS Excel, Access, Word, SQL/database querying, SPSS, business intelligence applications
• Experience with healthcare data and systems
• Agile software development experience
• Experience with large data sets and distributed computing (Hive/Hadoop) a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 7.7.21
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship
Not finding the right job?
Stay informed about future openings by joining one of our Talent Networks!