Resp & Qualifications
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Project Management:
Manages projects, develops and directs technical project teams through all phases and activities of the project life-cycle process associated with major information technology systems projects that are essential to departmental missions and affect CareFirst operations on a long-term and continuing basis.
Determines Project goals and priorities with management, program manager and/or project sponsors.
Creates all project planning documentation and follows all CareFirst Defined processes.
Manage and communicate a clear vision of the projects objectives, and motivate the cross functional project team to achieve them; create a project environment that enables peak performance by the entire team.
Establish and publish clear priorities among project activities. Coordinates team activities to meet project milestones.
Directs/leads project teams comprised of subject matter experts, technical specialists, and support staff to produce a business plan in accordance with the strategic plan, operating budget, capital planning procedures and agency guidance.
Prepares, implements, monitors, and updates the project plan. Coordinates with the business owner and upper level management to ensure the actions are consistent with the approved plan.
Identifies standards or requirements for change management. Participates in change control (for example, reviewing configuration change requests).
Develops or implements information systems security and entitlement requirements and plans; and ensures appropriate product-related training and documentation are developed and made available to customers.
Works with business leads to define and manage operational readiness.
Applies Project Management Methodology and industry best practices to project management that lead to proven successful project outcomes.
Works with project tools and reports project status and executive reports as defined by the project plan.
Develops project schedules with the appropriate Work Break Down Structure and identifies the critical path of the project.
Oversees the design, construction, testing, and implementation of technical and functional specifications of a project technology system.
Identifies customers’ information systems requirements, participates in requirements specification documentation development, review and sign off.
Evaluates, monitors, or ensures compliance with laws, regulations, policies, standards or procedures associated with all aspects of project.
Negotiates Statement of Work/Scope of Services for IT products and services.
Develops information systems testing strategies, plans or scenarios.
2. Project Monitoring and Control/Risk Management:
Analyze risks, establish contingency plans and identify trigger events and responsibility for initiating mitigating action. Gather stakeholder input, rank the top projects risks in terms of total impact.
Manage change to preserve business plan commitments; initiate review if projects must change.
Communicate risks to stakeholders and business sponsors, escalate issues and risks for mitigation.
Facilitate regularly scheduled project meetings for the project team, workgroup, executive steering committee, risk planning and change control.
Provide Executive updates and reports to enable CareFirst Executives to make informed and strategic decisions on project portfolio.
3. Team Management:
Provides direction, prioritization and motivation to project team staff, comprised of business/systems analysts conducting research and analysis on system integration and implementation, in order to manage allocation of resources to meet work fluctuations and time deadlines in the delivery process.
Manages resource assignment and tracking to the project plan and project schedule in coordination with the line of business resource managers.
Negotiate the performance of activities with team members and their managers in a matrix environment.
Coach to clarify assignments and deliverables; mentor others in project management practices; review quality of work and manage the integration of team members work.
Manage Vendor relations and procurement related to the projects
Create presentations and summaries for business stakeholders.
Present to executive leadership team.
Ability to identify communication impacts and summarize projects as needed.
• Ability to lead dynamic, energized, and highly creative multidiscipline high-performance work teams in learning and applying new skills/techniques to respond to business needs.
• Leadership skills including: coaching, organizing, integrating, directing, controlling and motivating.
• Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs.
• Experience managing and delivering Business and IT centric projects using (where appropriate) leading-edge technology, and older legacy systems.
• Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate and persuade customers, employees, and management at all levels and thrive in a cross-functional environment.
• Excellent oral and written communications; an ability to present and discuss technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding.
• Exceptional project management skills, effectively arranging resources and managing small to moderate projects in a cross-functional environment, work flow balancing, activity scheduling, problem resolution and flexibility
• Ability to analyze project needs and determine resources needed to meet objectives, possess good technical skills including scheduling, estimating and costing
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills.
• Knowledge of local systems and experience with hardware, software and high level programming is required in order to understand the effect a new project will have throughout all related systems.
• MS Office proficiency.
Preferred: Operations experience in core platforms, enrollment, billing, claims, etc.
Prior Health insurance industry exposure, specific experience with successful project implementations.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 7.5.21
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship
Not finding the right job?
Stay informed about future openings by joining one of our Talent Networks!