Resp & Qualifications
PURPOSE: The associate assists in ensuring the accuracy and integrity of assigned systems through the development and execution of efficient, automated test plans, cases and scripts with focus on Performance and Non-Functional Testing.
The Senior Performance Test Engineer will be responsible for creating, maintaining, modifying, and managing automated performance testing scripts; administering and managing the performance testing tools; and working with manual testing staff to extend and validate test plans, test cases, test scenarios and automated test scripts. In addition, the Performance Test Engineer must be able to communicate effectively in collaboration with the systems and development teams to troubleshoot performance and scalability issues. May provide coaching and mentoring to less experienced team members, and/or review their work for accuracy and quality of performance.
Under the direct supervision of the manager, the associate’s accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Define and develop performance load test plans and automated scripts using industry standard testing tools. Executes performance test, analyze and evaluate test results; generate performance metric reports and provide recommendations.
2 Analysis test and operational problems to determine presence and scope of potential code defects. Reports and resolves errors through a structured defect tracking process. Communicates weekly with management verbally and via written detail status report regarding potential problems, concerns and provides solutions. Lead system architecture change reviews and assessment of system capacity impacts.
3. Develop and maintain business and technical knowledge through Computer Base Training (CBT), Corporate classroom training, testing workshop, reading and research etc. Acquire and maintain a working knowledge of testing tools. Expand business knowledge of product benefits, corporate policies, division and department goals and department procedures.
4. Collaborate with SIT Tester and Development counterparts to ensure adequate coverage for upcoming releases and keep up-to data with system changes that impact performance testing.
5. Acts as a liaison with internal and external customers to research, analyze and propose solutions to the most complex technical, operational and test scenarios.
6. Initiate, participate and lead project work groups (internal and external peer reviews, status meetings, Software Process Improvement, JAD session, System Architecture Reviews, etc.). Give training and directions as necessary to staff.
7. Provides coaching and mentoring to less experienced team members within any of the technical or administrative tasks across the team.
• Bachelor of Science (BS) in a technical discipline (i.e., Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Science, etc.)
• 8+ years of experience in a technical discipline, 5 of which must be in automated software and enterprise testing
• 3-5 years of experience in performance testing concepts and techniques.
• Experience with at least 2 relational database management systems (e.g., DB2, Oracle, SQL)
• Experience with the following performance testing toolsets: HP Loadrunner,IBM Performance Tester,Dynatrace, AppDynamics, CA(Wily Introscope),,Apache Jmeter, Parasoft Load Test, Perf4j.
• Experience with at least 2 of the following automated testing toolsets: HP Quick Test Pro, Selenium WebDriver, Parasoft SOATest, SOAPUI, Maven,IBM Clearcase, IBM Functional Tester
• Strong understanding with system and application monitoring concepts (perform counters, any other diagnostic utilities). Ability to understand, interpret performance metric results, and provide relevant recommendations.
• Strong understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), quality assurance life cycle and testing methodologies.
• Experience with defect tracking tools (e.g., Bugzilla, PVCS Tracker, ClearQuest, HP ALM)
• Experience with Microsoft Office Tools (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Strong analytical and research skills. Should be well organized and detail oriented as well as possessing excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and effectively in small teams is necessary as, must work overtime when necessary and be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Associate must be a team player, use professional judgement, and must support organizational and departmental goals.
• Individual must demonstrate initiative; work well independently as well as a contributing member of a team.
• Experience working in the healthcare industry
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 7.8.21
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship
Not finding the right job?
Stay informed about future openings by joining one of our Talent Networks!