Resp & Qualifications
This position is a critical resource within the Account Management Team providing consultative expertise on benefits, products, and capabilities. Responsible for promoting new and existing products or services through the development and delivery of tactical marketing and communication initiatives. The Account Manager is directly responsible for aggressively growing group enrollment by marketing to the client's associate base. Builds and maintains effective long-term relationships and a level of satisfaction with key senior-level decision makers and influencers assigned to a group of strategic clients. Creates demand for the organization's products and services by successfully managing the internal and external client implementation of additional products, services, administrative capabilities and/or the integration of third-party vendor solutions.
- The Account Manager is directly responsible for aggressively growing group enrollment by marketing to the client’s associate base. This role leads and conducts employer and employee educational and communication meetings independently with varying locations. Requires discretionary judgement to deliver superior client experience, traveling to in and out of state locations to meet client requirements and expectations. They are an integral partner of the account management team for new and renewing business, in sales strategy and benefit design modeling. Autonomously utilizes the benefit expertise, business acumen and knowledge base as a tool set to resolve complex client requirements and issues.
- Build and maintain a strong cultivated relationship with client, acting independently as a trusted advisor. Takes the lead to develop strategy for renewal events which can include goal setting, timeframe analysis, implementation requirement outlines to ensure successful set up of new products and services.
- The Account Manager works in consultation with internal and external resources to oversee resolution of escalated issues. They assess and determine the risk of an issue to identify impact to the company and client. They will then work collaboratively with the client, whether the issue is global or isolated, and determine ultimate resolution.
- Facilitate and work independently in partnership with external clients leading benefit analysis and development of structured programs to engage members, including: open enrollment strategy, wellness services deployment, implementation oversite acting in a consultative role to strengthen relationships and maximize value realization on behalf of client.
- Disseminate understanding of legal developments and/or changes with regulations related to insurance carriers and Federal and State laws affecting clients, policies, and procedures to insure compliant administration of benefit programs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
Experience: 3 years Experience in sales, sales support, implementation, benefit administration or Account Management is required
In Lieu of Education
In lieu of a Bachelor's degree, an additional 4 years of relevant work experience is required in addition to the required work experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
Superior communication skills and knowledge of employee benefits issues necessary to effectively communicate with clients, insurance carriers and prospects concerning employee benefit lines of coverage.
Ability to problem solve, strong organizational skills, detail oriented, responsive and self-motivated, works independently as well as part of a team.
Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel is required, basic working knowledge of PowerPoint preferred.
Knowledge of insurance information, technology and new legislation
Additional Skills and Abilities
The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs. Must be able to effectively work in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities, deadlines, and workloads that can be variable for long periods of time. Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence. Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging.
Licenses/Certifications Licenses/Certification Details Time Frame Req Pref
Life & Health Insurance in assigned state or within 90 days of hire
Est. Amount Brief Description
20% Both local and nationwide travel is required to meet customer's needs throughout the year. During Q4, up to 70% of work will require travel.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 7.8.21
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship
Not finding the right job?
Stay informed about future openings by joining one of our Talent Networks!