Resp & Qualifications
Development, launch and management of Community Engagement Centers to support CareFirst members to identify the right insurance product, navigate the complexities of healthcare, and access care and other community resources.
- Develop and articulate strategic vision of Community Engagement Centers. Represent CareFirst and Centers among potential partners, public officials, foundations, health providers, and members to ensure strong positive association of Centers with its mission. Communicate and collaborate with all stakeholders from executive leadership, CareFirst members, and Centers staff to promote the successful implementation and operation of Centers programs and services. Foster deep relationships in Centers communities to ensure holistic and effective support of CareFirst’s members.
- Oversee operations of Community Engagement Centers. Develop and manage financial budgets to ensure effective and efficient operation of Centers. Establish and monitor appropriate metrics to demonstrate return on investment. Develop long-term staffing models and plans to attract, retain and develop staff. Collaborate with Marketing team to drive community awareness of Centers and ensure strong membership engagement and utilization of Centers resources.
- Project manage the development and launch of Community Engagement Centers. Oversee and coordinate multiple dependent workstreams and teams to implement both the strategic and tactical objectives to establish Centers. Work closely with corporate teams such as Real Estate, Marketing, IT, and Human Resources to ensure timely and successful launch of Centers.
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
Experience: 8 years years of experience in retail sites, community engagement in the mid-Atlantic, healthcare, and/or vulnerable populations
5 years managerial experience
In Lieu of Education: In lieu of a Bachelor's degree, an additional 4 years of relevant work experience is required in addition to the required work experience.
- Experience designing and running community centers and/or community programs, especially in healthcare
- Experience launching and running retail centers, stores, or other physical locations in the mid-Atlantic
- Experience in leading teams in sales or customer service, especially in health or health insurance
- Networks with, expertise in, and passion for partnerships driving health equity in the mid-Atlantic region
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Project management expertise with the ability to connect and streamline a wide range of workstreams and team members
- Ability to predict project dependencies and blockers, and pro-actively and creatively manage and overcome those risks
- Community navigator passionate about building programs that impact local neighborhoods and populations, especially focused on healthcare
- Strategic retail space expert, with an instinct on how to design spaces and programs that serve community needs
- Collaborator who builds trusting relationships internally and externally to drive engagement and decisions to successfully execute projects
- Independent go-getter who can scope and design programs and project with unclear initial instructions, fast timelines, and multiple stakeholders
- Experimental problem-solver who is comfortable iterating on programs and scrapping ideas when they learn different information
- Team-player who pro-actively seeks unblockers and mentorship to support their work, and collaborates with and supports others in return
- Mission-focused associate with a passion for improving lives and increasing health equity
Department: Healthworx Hub
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 10/14/21
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship