Resp & Qualifications
The incumbent is responsible for the Financial Planning and Analysis, Banking, and Corporate Cashiering areas:
- Directs the accurate and timely development, analysis, and reporting of data to management within critical time constraint. This position oversees the planning/forecast process to ensure timely and accurate delivery of the plan/forecast to all levels of management. This position also oversees the coordination and development of various ad-hoc financial analyses.
- Directs the treasury functions and special projects aimed at setting strategic direction for the Enterprise, and/or refining operational procedures for the Finance Division on an inter/intra departmental basis; establishes and implements the appropriate financial and operational controls in order to maintain the integrity of the organizational infrastructure.
Under the general direction of the VP of Risk Management and Treasurer, the incumbent’s accountabilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Oversee the development and extensive analytical review of planning information/data/reports in the planning/forecasting function. Support the team with their various plan/forecast leads, work with other areas within the Company, provide guidance on senior management presentation production, and communicate status of deliverables to the VP. Provide direction during the creation of financial models used to analyze and generate data. This position also oversees the coordination and development of various ad-hoc financial analyses which include rate/volume analysis, trend analysis and recast analysis.
- Oversee the banking area with a key focus on establishing, developing, and maintaining productive, successful working relationships with banks and other financial institutions with which CareFirst interacts for products and services of over $16 billion annually, plus settlement and investment trades. This also includes the development of bank RFPs, bank service pricing and negotiation, bank product service training, establishment of new accounts, implementation of new banking services, and the coordination of bank service issues.
- Oversee the Corporate Cashiers area with a key focus on streamlining the entire unit. Ensure the accuracy and timeliness of the entire company’s cash receipts, deposit and posting, and the preparation of the daily bank deposits. Will work closely with the Enrollment and Billing, Sales, Collections, and Accounting areas throughout the company to ensure that all member and group payments are deposited accurately and in a timely manner, and will work to establish new processes that will allow members and groups to pay electronically.
- Participate in various special projects including providing support for the Board and Board committee presentations representing complex technical issues, company wide strategic planning process, business case analyses, and other projects as assigned by VP, CFO, and CEO.
- Prepare and maintain budget for the Treasury area.
- Acts as the point person for all Treasury internal/external audits
- Supports the process of developing balance sheet and cash flow projections as needed.
Experience in working with and/or knowledge and understanding of one or more of these financial and accounting topics are desired:
- Accounting, including Statutory Accounting for Insurance Companies and related Quarterly and Annual Statement filings
- Financial Reporting requirements of MD and DC Medicaid
- Medicare Part D and related settlement
- Risk Score for both Medicare and Medicaid
- Rate Setting processes for Medicaid
- CMS Bid Development for Medicare
- CMS Payment Methodology and Data Structure – MMR, PPR, etc.
- Risk Based Capital
- Financial and Regulatory Audits
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Business specializing in either Finance or Accounting
- Minimum of 10 years of financial experience; knowledge of banking services, products and regulations; knowledge of financial planning and forecasting
- Minimum of 7 years of supervisory experience.